HBCU Basketball Postseason (SWAC and MEAC)

Thats why i said really. We cannot sell 500 tickets at $1.00. We can put that $30,000 into our football program. I wonder whether whomever posted that was going to pay to get in?

I think at this point we can stop questioning whether the CIT or CBI is worth participating in.

The thing is some teams hosted three or more games. I believe teams like W-Green Bay and Marshall made it known that were paying for home games upfront so long as they continued to win.

You had 2 black colleges in a final four for a championship. When has that happened in D-1 basketball?

You didn't have trash schools in that tourney-Marshall is not going to down play that title. They are going to use it to recruit. Just like every other team.

At most this might have some school looking at your coach or your assistants-Randy Peel & Kenneth Mangrum. Sine Kenneth's former boss Scott Cross has a head coaching gig again.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
We are not just flush with cash. Remember all those trips to tournament we get the same thing the last place team gets. If we got our fair share we could pay the extra 30k
I feel you but how many times are you going to be one game from the championship? how much would a post season tourney title be worth in exposure & recruiting?

We are not just flush with cash. Remember all those trips to tournament we get the same thing the last place team gets. If we got our fair share we could pay the extra 30k

That likely is the extent of the answer in nutshell there. Not receiving that NCAA tournament money for past appearances may have bitten us in the rear end again.

While I understand the point Major05 is making, the funding just wasn't available.

Someone could at least lie and say they would have contributed to the fund. I would have bought a $1.00 ticket. All we hear is crickets.

Back