HBCU BANDS VS Traditional schools.

tony11

I know we as hbcus love to understand and I know we love travel and have fun. However when we get invited to THOSE other schools they always exploit to say bring y'all band come see the band. I feel sometimes they just want that extra money to bring asses in the seats. After they send for us they end up sending all these rules and stuff to the point where hbcu bands just sit there. GSU vs ULM when gsu played they turned the loud speakers on to play music. They did that to Southern too why do they call for our bands then limit us to do our craft? Y'all promote oh Jackson st is coming oh gsu is coming oh aamu is coming then send in a two page guideline on what they can do. Then IT TURNS OUT ITS THEIR MOST ATTENDED GAME IN TEN YEARS SMH

I know we as hbcus love to understand and I know we love travel and have fun. However when we get invited to THOSE other schools they always exploit to say bring y'all band come see the band. I feel sometimes they just want that extra money to bring asses in the seats. After they send for us they end up sending all these rules and stuff to the point where hbcu bands just sit there. GSU vs ULM when gsu played they turned the loud speakers on to play music. They did that to Southern too why do they call for our bands then limit us to do our craft? Y'all promote oh Jackson st is coming oh gsu is coming oh aamu is coming then send in a two page guideline on what they can do. Then IT TURNS OUT ITS THEIR MOST ATTENDED GAME IN TEN YEARS SMH
I think you are right!

There games are more scripted than what our games are. They have it all down like a TV program as to when they play commercials on their videoboard during timeouts, when they have special presentations on the field, when their dancers do things in the endzones and when the band plays and for how long. They will tell you that you have 5 minutes to do a halftime show and then get off the field.

Back