Have you heard?

ZNSPR8502

Meet, act & depart...
I've seen this "Nu Coke Classic" commercial where this artist Jaguar Wright is introduced and I was into what I heard. Well, I rolled over to Wal-mart in the sleet and ice and, among other things, picked up the "Denials, Delusions, and Decisions" CD by Jaguar Wright.

Have any of you heard it? If you like the beat/sound that you hear in the Coke commercial, don't hesitate, go and pick this one up. It is smooth and funky. Among her new stuff, she also does a very nice remake of "Love Need And Want You" for you old heads and young heads that know and value good music.

PEACE!!!

Hey Line Bro, I figured it would be good. She has done some sets with the group "The Roots" and if anyone saw Jay-Z's unplugged special, she was jamming with the Roots playing. She can blow and she has "POWER" in her voice. Not like most of these new school ladies with their weak voices. I am not shocked the album is good. I think she's from the Philly scene like Jill Scott and Musiq Soulchild. I have to go check it out then. I know if you are down with it. Then it has musical quality since we share the same taste in music.

For once I agree with JR and ZN...... ;) about something. I saw the commercial and I read about her in a Essence about a month ago. Hopefully, the CD will be good.

Not another artist remaking some old music. When are folks gonna write, create their own isht.

Originally posted by Dtown Jag
Not another artist remaking some old music. When are folks gonna write, create their own isht.

Have you even HEARD the...:idea:....nevermind. :)

But anyway....the cd IS pretty good. It's full of good ORIGINAL music. Yes, she did do a decent remake of "If Only You Knew", but everything else is all Jaguar...
She's down with the Roots, so you know it has be some tight stuff on there. She comes straight up with hers! :D

Originally posted by Ntelekt

Have you even HEARD the...:idea:....nevermind. :)

No, actually I haven't heard the CD....I was commenting on the previous post.

Thank you very much.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

Oh no, there is only 1 remake on the CD. The rest is her stuff. Even the remake is done as a photocopy of the original. It is her doing the song.

There is another lady Wyatt or Wycliff or something. She did what is called Kwanzaa Fest her in Dallas back in December. I've heard her stuff on the radio and it sounded decent. Yet, she was blowing performing live. I brought that CD off of what I heard at the event. Of course, she didn't blow like that on the CD. So, I was a little disappointed the first time I heard the CD. She is can really sang, but I think this Jaguar lady is going to be one of the ones that sticks a few years. She's got something. Next time you are in one of those record stores with the sample centers, check it out. I like funk and I like smooth. She has a mixture of both, you know like the coke commercial.. :)

PEACE!!!

Back