Have You Ever Had a Cooking Disaster?

Fortitude

Sybarite
Let me first say.....I can cook. However, I've had a few "mistakes" in my lifetime. That's probably why I eat out all of the time....Piccadilly's is my friend :swink:

• One time I put flour (instead of corn meal) on fish & fried it - yuck!:what:
  • Then, there was my meatloaf disaster. I followed the recipe but, it ended up a hunk of ground beef floating in greasy tomato soup. I overheard my mom tell my sister, "There is no hope for this." Noone ate it - I cried. :(
  • A few years ago, I prepared dressing for Thanksgiving. I forgot to put sage in before I put it in the oven. My mom insisted that I add it. So, I pulled the dressing out of the oven (after it had begun to set), added the sage and turned my mixer on "high" to blend it in. Well, the dressing never browned. We had "white" dressing for Thanksgiving. :lol:

:lmao:

Once, before I knew how to cook I put fish in the skillet w/o anything on it...flour, meal or nothing.

**fell out**....boy, I've come a long ways.

:lmao:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Did you say that you cried over meatloaf........

I guess that Fortitude doesn't mean testicular!

Hard Brothers.com send help! LOL!

LOL

I'm too shame to share mine!!!

Let's just say for a long time, I considered myself the "Hamburger Helper Queen!"---- that's one dish you can't mess up!

That?s not bad. Try cooking corn bread and messing up twice

I cooked some in a cast iron skillet, but forgot to add cooking oil. The other time, I added the oil but cooked it in a Teflon skillet.

Originally posted by Suge
Did you say that you cried over meatloaf........

I guess that Fortitude doesn't mean testicular!

Hard Brothers.com send help! LOL!
Yes Sweetie, I'm a Lady. :alicia:

Let's just say for a long time, I considered myself the "Hamburger Helper Queen!"---- that's one dish you can't mess up!
Don't feel bad....that used to be my name but, it got me through grad school :hat:

I came home from the club one night and put on a pot of rice. Went to sleep for about 45 mins. You can imagine what happened next.

Never let me boil an egg alone!!!

Once when I was 13 I put some eggs on the stove and forgot about them as me and the family went to town for about 3 hours.

We came back to a smoke-filled house...couldn't even see inside...
Smoke was coming out window...we were sure it was a fire....
That's when I remembered the eggs being left on the stove...
my mother and one of my brothers made they're way inside to the stove....choking and gagging...and threw the pot out...but our white ceilings were'nt white anymore... We stayed with Grandma for 2 days and it took forever to get that scent out!

Then, about a year ago my friend Tlaw was on his way home from work @ 11 p.m. when he called and asked me if I'd put 3 eggs in a pot for him to make tuna and a salad when he got home...I did...,but I fell asleep upstairs and when I awaken...the house was filled with smoke on the lower level...the eggs had exploded and were plastered all around the white kitchen like a bomb had went off....God only knows ..he woke me up....
I think T-Law was trying to kill me or something...I was already asleep when he called and he did say he was coming str8 home...that would have only taken 10 to 15 minutes...long enough for the eggs to boil...well...they did they just got tired of wait'n on him...it took about 3 weeks to get that egg odor out!

So, Boiled Eggs ARE NOT MY FRIEND UNLESS I'M MONITORED!:lol:

Once, I put way too much bourbon in the bourbon sauce for my bread pudding. That **** went up sky high. Damn near took me out, along with the the kitchen .

Re: Never let me boil an egg alone!!!

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman
Once when I was 13 I put some eggs on the stove and forgot about them as me and the family went to town for about 3 hours.
We came back to a smoke-filled house...couldn't even see inside...
Smoke was coming out window...we were sure it was a fire....
That's when I remembered the eggs being left on the stove...
my mother and one of my brothers made they're way inside to the stove....choking and gagging...and threw the pot out...but our white ceilings were'nt white anymore... We stayed with Grandma for 2 days and it took forever to get that scent out!

Then, about a year ago my friend Tlaw was on his way home from work @ 11 p.m. when he called and asked me if I'd put 3 eggs in a pot for him to make tuna and a salad when he got home...I did...,but I fell asleep upstairs and when I awaken...the house was filled with smoke on the lower level...the eggs had exploded and were plastered all around the white kitchen like a bomb had went off....God only knows ..he woke me up....
I think T-Law was trying to kill me or something...I was already asleep when he called and he did say he was coming str8 home...that would have only taken 10 to 15 minutes...long enough for the eggs to boil...well...they did they just got tired of wait'n on him...it took about 3 weeks to get that egg odor out!

So, Boiled Eggs ARE NOT MY FRIEND UNLESS I'M MONITORED!:lol:

This is too funny :emlaugh:...I just boiled some eggs for my breakfast......let me go check on them. :teleport:

Back