Have you all noticed how low the housing prices/values have dropped?

buckwheat

Man it's ridiculous. I've seen houses in the neighborhood that were on the market last year that value $500,000 +, drop to like $350,000. This market sucks if you're selling your home. One guy across the street from me has his house on the market for $600,000 and he still hasn't sold it. I think he's planning to rent it out. This market sucks for gas/food/houses/jobs.

In some areas it was overpriced to begin with so it is starting to correct itself. Not good for the folks who need to sell now though.

But it's a wonderful thing for new homebuyers! :D

I know! It's a buyers market right now if you're renting and don't already have a home that you are trying to sell. Crit, have you found a house yet? I remember you mentioning that you were looking. You should be able to buy a nice house in the Atlanta area right now.

I know! It's a buyers market right now if you're renting and don't already have a home that you are trying to sell. Crit, have you found a house yet? I remember you mentioning that you were looking. You should be able to buy a nice house in the Atlanta area right now.

We're still looking. I do see a few things I like in Fulton County; just not happy about those high taxes.

It sure is. The other day I was wondering if I should've waited a few more months before taking the plunge, but I'm still happy with my decision.

I'm glad you're happy with your decision and new home! :tup: :tup:
I need to come see your place soon. Are you going to have a house warming?

I'm glad you're happy with your decision and new home! :tup: :tup:
I need to come see your place soon. Are you going to have a house warming?

Everyone keeps asking me that so I guess I probably should huh? There's this one house that I wanted so bad but when I wanted to go look at it they said it was off the market. Well I guess the buyer fell through because I pass by that house EVERY day and it is back on the market and hasn't been sold.

In some areas it was overpriced to begin with so it is starting to correct itself. Not good for the folks who need to sell now though.

For real.
In most area's.

I couldn't believe the prices people started paying for houses.
How anyone could not see that home value's could not continue to go up like they were doing is beyound me.

I knew the bubble was going to burst, GRANTED I DIDN'T SEE IT BURSTING LIKE IT HAS DONE, But I knew it HAD too sooner or later.
People was buying and flipping houses like pancakes, driving up the prices.

I wish I didn't have a mortage and was a first time buyer right now.
I could get my true dream house at these prices.

I am trying to sell my house in VA as we plan to move to B-Ham, and it is tough being on the market. In 2 months we have only had 2 showings. I wasn't planning to move when I bought my current home....and renting it out is not really an option right now.

But the market in Birmingham is great as a buyer.....I will be getting much more house for about 50K less, with more upgrades.

For real.
In most area's.

I couldn't believe the prices people started paying for houses.
How anyone could not see that home value's could not continue to go up like they were doing is beyound me.

I knew the bubble was going to burst, GRANTED I DIDN'T SEE IT BURSTING LIKE IT HAS DONE, But I knew it HAD too sooner or later.
People was buying and flipping houses like pancakes, driving up the prices.

I wish I didn't have a mortage and was a first time buyer right now.
I could get my true dream house at these prices

Me to! Man, I would buy a nice house for cheap!

Yeah! I put in an offer on a home and it was thousands less of the listing price. The sellers are anxious to sell.... It's a brand new home! :tup: It's in a small town, but it's still a nice home.

Party at my place!!!! :swink:

Yeah! I put in an offer on a home and it was thousands less of the listing price. The sellers are anxious to sell.... It's a brand new home! :tup: It's in a small town, but it's still a nice home.

Party at my place!!!! :swink:

Congrats man! How long are you planning to stay in the Tupelo area?

Congrats man! How long are you planning to stay in the Tupelo area?

Thanks man. I anticipate living in the area at least the next 3 years or so. Then again, there's no telling. lol. I'm just glad to be back down South. I'll be sure to go down to Pontotoc every now and then and check things out. lol

Thanks man. I anticipate living in the area at least the next 3 years or so. Then again, there's no telling. lol. I'm just glad to be back down South. I'll be sure to go down to Pontotoc every now and then and check things out. lol

Cool! There's not much to do in Pontotoc:) but you can go there. There are some nice women in the Tupelo area!

Cool! There's not much to do in Pontotoc:) but you can go there. There are some nice women in the Tupelo area!

I met this one woman from Pontotoc while living in Oxford. She was getting her PhD in Biochemistry... and she was on FIYA! :tup: :tup: Can't remember her name, but she made me look at Pontotoc, Mississippi in a whole new light.

You're right about Tupelo. There are some nice women there. My real estate agent's daughters are BOTH fine, but BOTH married..... I'm sure I'll have fun down there.

If Pontotoc and New Albany wasn't so far from where I will be working, I would have lived there. The housing is more affordable and much nicer. It was just too far from my job.

I met this one woman from Pontotoc while living in Oxford. She was getting her PhD in Biochemistry... and she was on FIYA! :tup: :tup: Can't remember her name, but she made me look at Pontotoc, Mississippi in a whole new light.

You're right about Tupelo. There are some nice women there. My real estate agent's daughters are BOTH fine, but BOTH married..... I'm sure I'll have fun down there.

If Pontotoc and New Albany wasn't so far from where I will be working, I would have lived there. The housing is more affordable and much nicer. It was just too far from my job.

Is the lady from Pontotoc name Kenosha? Or is it Keisha? Pontotoc, is small so I probably know of the person you are talking about.

Back