Have anyone heard this?

Blacknbengal

Atlanta -- Contemporary soul singer Christopher Williams died today in
His Atlanta home after a brief illness. The cause of death is not known.
> He was best known for his role in the movie "New Jack City and hit
> single from the soundtrack, "Dreamin."

> Williams released his CW debut in 1987 which Williams turned gold and
> reached number one. His 1993 album (Changes) featured the hits "Every
Little Thing" and "Come Go with Me." 1995's Not a Perfect Man brought a new
> direction for Williams; his first album as sole executive producer
> uses elements of reggae, R&B, hip-hop and country. ~ John Bush, All
> Music Guide.
> Williams remained out of the public spotlight spending most of his
> time in and around his Atlanta home. *He was only 38 years old.
> Arrangements have not been made public.
>
> Date of birth
> 22 August 1967
> born, Bronx, New York, USA
> R & B Music Artist
>

> New Jack City (1991) .... Kareem Akbar
>
> New Jack City (1991) (song)
>
> New Jack City (1991) (singer: "I'm Dreaming")
>
> "New York Undercover" playing "Himself" in episode: "The Shooter"
(episode #
> 1.23) 13 April 1995

I just got an email stating this but I can't find anything on the web about it. So I am assuming its a rumor until I can confirm it.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I heard about this also, but didn't know how true it was. I checked CNN and some other sites and didn't see anything about him dying.

With some so many people getting this email, I believe it is a rumour.

Folx will probally say next is he had Aids and he got it from this G@Y lover.

Folx have too much time on their hands.

:(

Williams is not dead

Date: Thursday, September 08, 2005
By: EURweb.com

A fake e-mail, with the subject line "Christopher Williams: 1967-2005 RIP," ended up being forwarded, and forwarded, and forwarded around until EUR, the Atlanta Journal & Constitution newspaper and other media outlets started receiving calls and emails to verify its accuracy.

It was all a hoax, according to Cassandra Mills, who executive produced his 1989 album, "CW." Mills tells EUR's Lee Bailey that she spoke to Christopher's wife by phone and was told that the singer is fine, he's not sick, and the family is quite upset over the whole thing.

The bogus e-mail said that Williams "died today in his Atlanta home after a brief illness. The cause of death is not known." It then gave a brief bio of his career before stating that he "remained out of the public spotlight [of late] spending most of his time in and around his Atlanta home," and that funeral arrangements "have not been made public."

Lee Bailey also contacted Atlanta Journal & Constitution entertainment writer Sonia Murray, who said that even the newspaper's obituary dept. was getting calls to verify the story. The obit dept. went so far as to call local mortuaries in search of an answer and came up with nothing, Murray said.

If there's a silver lining to this story it's the fact that Williams now knows conclusively that his fan base is still in tact from his heyday in the early 90s.

what gets me is that there is just way too many other issues going on in the world right now... :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back