Has anyone seen this article yet....

Jacy

No Tests, No Testimony
IS LIL' KIM MOCKING MUSLIMS?

Raptress appears on the cover of Russell Simmons' One World in a burka and lingerie.

Lil' Kim's latest controversy involves what some are calling a straight diss of Islamic women.

Kim appears on the cover of the December-January issue of Russell Simmons One World magazine dressed in an Islamic burka and ... well, little else. The rapper is also quoted as allegedly saying Fu@# Afghanistan! inside the issue.

That this magazine ran with Lil' Kim on the cover like this is totally unacceptable, said Najee Ali, director of Project Islamic H.O.P.E.

"Russell Simmons has stood with Louis Farrakhan and had him host hip hop meetings for peace. Does he want to build bridges with the men of Islam but disrespect the women? I dont think so ... They need to apologize immediately, as there is no justification for this whatsoever."

One World magazine is noted for its provocative cover photos. A look at the website (www.oneworldmag.com) reveals that Lil' Kim is not the first to do a middle-eastern inspired cover. Dead Prez has also been featured sporting Islamic-style head gear.

Here's a photo, and a link.
index_img.jpg

http://www.oneworldmag.com/images/index_img.jpg

This is a free country, artist should be able to express themselves regardless of the consequences they may reap. Especially if the expression is a protest or a conscience raising catalyst.

No, she is not dissing Muslims.

This may lead to an another religous debate on this thread, but for me I think Lil'Kim is bringing to the light of SOME Muslim countries oppressing women.

During the Taiban rule, women were shot to death, with an M16 rifle in the back of the head...the crime... trying to live life as a human being, like teaching other little girls to read and other liberties we enjoy over here in America as human beings.

I actually think it is a beautiful picture, but photography is my hobby. I am waiting patiently to see the article, to see what her thoughts are on this subject.

I don't think she is at all. She is trying a different look. I do think it is a really nice picture, mysterious.

Originally posted by Jacy
I actually think it is a beautiful picture, but photography is my hobby. I am waiting patiently to see the article, to see what her thoughts are on this subject.

I shoot photos professionally, the lighting is 80's style and this is a lovely picture.;)

WOW!!

Having been to Turkey and Saudi several times, I was always told if you could see what was underneath...about how beautiful and fine the women really are...

This is a compliment to the real beauty that is hidden.

On top of that...Got-Dayum Lil Kim is fine!!

:eek2:

I am straight feelin this picture!!

:D

Re: WOW!!

Originally posted by Kappalicious
Having been to Turkey and Saudi several times, I was always told if you could see what was underneath...about how beautiful and fine the women really are...

I hear ya Nupe, I was is Saudi, U.A.E. and Bahrain myself....

Man, I was gonna use that pic in a Sig but my boy Ynobei beat me to it.....

ynobei2.jpg

:D :D :D

Re: WOW!!

Originally posted by Kappalicious

I'm going to have to agree with you and Makaho. I recently had the pleasure of meeting a lady from that area and WOW...

That picture is derived from a picture that was on the cover of National Geographic in the 70s or 80s. It was of a Muslim woman, and her eyes were GORGEOUS. They really stood out. They also were not contacts.

I saw a documentary where the original photographer went back to the Middle East to find her. She was much older, but she still had those piercing green eyes. They were gorgeous!!!:) :)

Originally posted by Vinita
That picture is derived from a picture that was on the cover of National Geographic in the 70s or 80s. It was of a Muslim woman, and her eyes were GORGEOUS. They really stood out. They also were not contacts.

Did you see the photo after they found her today? She was like 17 at the time of the original, and is now in her 30s with a couple of kids. The eyes are still hauntingly beautiful, and you can see the effects of living in a war-torn country has on a person.

BTW, speaking of war, anyone else notice that war with Iraq will be utterly disasterous?

Back