Has anybody read all of the books by E. Lynn Harris?

GSU Spirit

RIP Aveia
I read Invisible Life, Just As I Am & And This Too Shall Pass. His third book wasn't too good to me, so I never bought any more of his books. About 2 or 3 weeks ago, he came to Dallas and alot of people talked about how good all 7 seven of the books. I just wondered is it really worth reading the other 4 books.

Yeah Spirit

I liked em....I haven't read the three after Invisible Life, but I've read all the others and they were awesome.

Could hardly put them down.

:p

Spirit, I've read the same ones you've read, and the last one made me lose interest in the rest... I have wanted to get them...but decided not to do it...

For some reasons I can't seem to deal with Eric Jerome Dickie's books anymore... I lose interest.

Maybe I need a new flavor...

Can i post a reply???

*E. Lynn Harris's books, were good... ALL OF THEM!!! There were certain points in some of the books that made me not want to read any more, but i did and think they are all good books. I almost begin naming them: they were good books. You;ll get to a point that won't want tp put the book down, especially in E. Lynn's latest two. (of course there are a few, that i have not read: "Infants of the Spring", "Diaries of a light-skinned..," "Go the way your blood beats"
*Eric Jerome Dickey's books were good too... You may not like a book but the next one may be a lot better. EJD's latest "Between Lovers" *smiling as i think back* :D THIS WAS A GOOD BOOK... It's not what you think... He also has a few i have not read, but i'm sure we are talking about the same collection of books.
Got to Be Real: Four Original Love Stories which features both of them, wasn't all that. It's not what i was used to reading!!

:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p F A M U :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p

Spirit, I have all of E. Lynn's books and they are good. I have all of Eric Jerome's books too. If you read E. Lynn out of order, you may get confused/lost.

I was about to read Abide With Me but I think If This World Were Mine Came Out First

Originally posted by kellis
Spirit, I have all of E. Lynn's books and they are good. I have all of Eric Jerome's books too. If you read E. Lynn out of order, you may get confused/lost.

Thank for the input Ms. Jag4Jag & Rattlerstrike. Good point Robber. :D :cool:

Exactly...

You would defintely want to read them in order... if you don't things will confuse you, for real!!!
  • Just As I Am
  • And this too shall pass
  • If this world were mine
  • Invisible Life
  • Abide With Me
  • Not a day goes by
  • Any way the wind blows

AS FOR CHANGING THE SMILIES................

Why you wanna go and do that?

:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p FAMU:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p

Heck, I read Invisible LIfe about 6 years ago and it about seared my psyche. I threw that sucker away just as soon as I finished. I am an avid reader so maybe I'll try again since I am older now. I might be able to handle it.:(

Re: Exactly...

Originally posted by RattlerSTRIKE
You would defintely want to read them in order... if you don't things will confuse you, for real!!!
  • Just As I Am
  • And this too shall pass
  • If this world were mine
  • Invisible Life
  • Abide With Me
  • Not a day goes by
  • Any way the wind blows

AS FOR CHANGING THE SMILIES................

Why you wanna go and do that?

:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p FAMU:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p
Rattler that was not the correct order.

Here is the correct order of his books:

1. Invisible Life
2. Just As I Am
3. And this too Shall Pass
4. If this World were mine
5. Abide with Me
6. Not a Day Goes by
7. Any Which way the wind Blows

I've read all of them except Abide with Me and the new one Any Which Way the Wind Blows I guess I lost interest for a while. I plan to get back on track with reading.

Now as for Eric Jerome Dickie. I didn't like friends and lovers so I haven't bought any more of his books.

What about Micheal Baisden, have any of read his books?

Re: Re: Exactly...

Thanks for correcting this lil garden snake. :emlaugh: You can't trust these famu folks. Yes, I've read Michael Baisden's books.

Originally posted by jelli
Rattler that was not the correct order.

Here is the correct order of his books:

1. Invisible Life
2. Just As I Am
3. And this too Shall Pass
4. If this World were mine
5. Abide with Me
6. Not a Day Goes by
7. Any Which way the wind Blows

I've read all of them except Abide with Me and the new one Any Which Way the Wind Blows I guess I lost interest for a while. I plan to get back on track with reading.

Now as for Eric Jerome Dickie. I didn't like friends and lovers so I haven't bought any more of his books.

What about Micheal Baisden, have any of read his books?

Has anyone heard of <u>Mary Morrison's Soul Mates Dissipate</u>?

I just found out that she is a distant cousin of mine. I have to check into her books. Has anyone read them or heard of her? She is featured in the book section of Essence magazine.

MY BAD!!

*Ok.. that was my mistake... whatever!!! some things that happen in the other books make be different from something that happened in a previous book. when you read some of the situations, you may be like huh? because you didn't know the previous situation...
E. Lynn's Site
Check this out... if you've read the latter ones, you know about certain characters. If you see how they pictured these guys... I WAS LIKE WHOA!!!

*Eric Jerome's books are pretty cool... from the beginning to the end... i'm sticking by him!

*I've never heard of Mary. I could go on and on about books... but i won't! :D

:emlaugh: GARDEN SNAKE!!:emlaugh:
Any snake can bite, but only a RATTLER can SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRRIKE!!!

:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p
F A M U
:eek: :p :eek: :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p

Re: MY BAD!!

After last year you were reduced to a garden snake. :emlaugh:
:emlaugh:

Originally posted by RattlerSTRIKE

:emlaugh: GARDEN SNAKE!!:emlaugh:
Any snake can bite, but only a RATTLER can SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTRRIKE!!!

:emlaugh:

Umm Spirit!!

I have read all of the books,a nd I must say that the latest one is the best one! It is a great book.

Now I have to say...read them in order. yeah you may not be confused, but somethings won't make sense if you don't know the history of certain characters before you read them. This especially holds true with "Not a Day Goes by" & "Any way the Wind Blows". you have to read all the other books prior to reading these two, or you won't know anything about Basil and Yancy and you will be really lost.

I would sugest reading EJD boks in order too, because he has a number of recurring characters as well. Like Toyomai who appears in the newest novel. And other characters as well. Like you would have to read them all to know that Debra and Leonard from "friends and Lovers" lived next door to Ole Boy's parents from Cheaters....etc. I could go on. I could Tie in Vince from Liar's game, and Shelby, and Chiquita from "Sister, Sister" ......But I am not typing all that stuff. yall need to read them yourselves.

I couldn't get into Friends and Lovers. I'm trying again to read that one. I find that if I have to try to read a book I aint gonna finish it. I was told Cheaters was a good one. I may try that one.

For those of you who read Micheal Baisdens books did you like them? How would compare the three writers:
  • E. Lynn Harris
  • Eric Jerome Dickey
  • Micheal Baisden

I personally like Micheal Baisden's writing style the best followed by E. Lynn Harris and the jurys still out Eric J. Dickey

If you don't mind me posting...

Not that i care...but, compared to the others:
  • E. Lynn Harris
  • Eric Jerome Dickey
  • Micheal Baisden
I thought The Maintenance Man was a good book, but that's the only one i've read by him. I've read majority of the books by the other authors and their writing styles have caught my attention.

*See, even SUGE said it was good to read them in order... but you won't listen to a Meac-fan!!

I was personally shocked to read about Toyomi again. (EJD) and Yancey and Basil's situation is just on going, but you would have to know what happened in the last book or it won't be complete.

* Have any of you read, "Between Lovers"? Tell me what you thought...

*turning to leave when i remembered a certain statement*
Last year is in the past... YOU should be concerned about saturdays match up...

:eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p :eek: :p
F A M U
Bring it... we right here... we're not going anywhere!!

Back