Happy Juneteenth!!!!!!!!...and Our Black Azzes Are Still At Work.

FORTISSIMO

I'M IN TEXAS, AND I HAVEN'T HEARD OF ANY BLACK FOLK TAKING OFF TODAY HERE EITHER. PROBABLY THE MOST IGNORED HOLIDAY. I'M GOING TO SIT HERE WITH MY FIST IN THE AIR ALL DAY TO REPRESENT.

I'm working on he nineteenth so I can pay these dayum bills on the 30th. But it's all good...I'm gonna take off from work at work.

Ain't gonna make not one dayum accounting entry today!

Tritto to MB and kellis

hell I don't do much throughout the day anyway, so technically, I am celebrating Juneteenth.

Last year, I did take off tho.

Power to the people.....stay black folks.:D

Girl, what you say! I work my arse off here at this house with these kids! I am working harder now than I was in April!

Originally posted by Vinita
Girl, what you say! I work my arse off here at this house with these kids! I am working harder now than I was in April!

Hell, you're still lucky....I'd rather be home with Devin anyday.:(

I'm gonna sit on my black azz all day!

I, Mr. Matriculation, hereby grant every black person of African ancestry a day off from "the mans" establishments. You may sit on your black azz all day with no threat of disciplinary actions. If you have any problems tell "the man" I gave you permission.

Happy Juneteenth.

Originally posted by FORTISSIMO
I'M IN TEXAS, AND I HAVEN'T HEARD OF ANY BLACK FOLK TAKING OFF TODAY HERE EITHER. PROBABLY THE MOST IGNORED HOLIDAY. I'M GOING TO SIT HERE WITH MY FIST IN THE AIR ALL DAY TO REPRESENT.
Yo arm might get tired:eek:

when your the media....you make your own schedule....guess I'll go takea drive now and admire the working folks

Well I am taking off from classes today but I will be go to work tonight. Holidays don't pay any bills.

Mad as "L"

Ok how about none of the black people I was talking too at work about... :( :( :(

Jesse Jackson send help

That is sad.....

Kneegrows always looking for a reason to take off from work.

Just do yall dayum job. Celebrate the upcoming weekend, if you didn't do it this past weekend. Every holiday isn't supposed to be a day off from work.

Suge, this is a Texas holiday. If you are black and take off for the 4th of July you should take off for Juneteenth. They both represent freedom.

I disagree Beer man....

You don't Take for the 4th of July. you are given that day off. Just as you are given the day off for Christmas, MLK, Thanksgiving, Labor day, memorial day, etc.

Now if the 4th was voluntary and you took that day off, then I would agree with your logic. But like I said, every holiday isn't meant to be a day off from work. I never said don't celebrate Juneteenth. I just said that you don't have to be off work to do it. Nine times out of ten if most of you were home you wouldn't be doing anything speacial for the day anyway......

Okay Suge forgive me, I should have said if you are Black and live in Texas, you should be given June 19th off.

That's the truth

Originally posted by Suge
Nine times out of ten if most of you were home you wouldn't be doing anything speacial for the day anyway......

It's so damn hot, I'd be in the house chillin' myself.

Re: Re: That's the truth

Originally posted by mighty hornet

Or maybe you'd be reading that new mystery "Who's Rudy?"
:D

Just finished that novel yesterday mighty. I CANT KEEP A SECRET, so if you peeps dont wanna know what happens at the end of the book, CLICK AWAY NOW.

***he goes to jail and becomes a dude named RICO's biaaatch. :eek: :eek:

(I wonder if Rudy will use this fine peice of fiction in his law suit?)

Back