Hampton, Monmouth and Stony Brook to CAA & now NCAT & Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
study each school's situation and then get back to me. - two of the 5 were ego related and two more have financial issues

I'm aware of each schools situation. And the 2 that have financial issues have always had them even before becoming MEAC members. You don't think it's a bad idea for conference leadership to push brining in members with financial issues ?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I have nothing against HBCUs seeking other sport conferences. Let me get that out the way. my problem is the y'all think white folks gonna let them eat from the table of their academic money. I said it once and I'll say it again if you thinks white person in America thinks a black person with a ivy league degree is equal to them you got some issues. Like I said have a real conversation on race with white people at work. Just make sure you're ready for it. Put your big boy pants on. Prime example for over a100 years Georgia Tech wouldn't let the University of Georgia or no school in the state of Georgia have a full engineering program. They blocked every bill that came to the legislation. It wasn't until the state of Georgia guaranteed Georgia Tech the dominance of money for research they finally allowed it to happen at other schools in Georgia. I don't think y'all understand what it takes to get in the good boy white club. In fact I can tell y'all ain't never talked to some white boys in power positions. They will open your eyes. Sometimes it's not about money to white people. It's about power. That's why I tell you to have a real conversation with folks who can get real with you.

All of this. They don't want those convos

The people salty about people bringing up "white acceptance" live in the same delusional world as the schools that left the MEAC. It's NOT just about athletics but the mere fact that they think just being in the CAA or Big South with access to the room with the table (and not a seat at said table) is all they wanted (especially with Hampton as they left the MEAC because of pure ego of their former president). Them people are not gonna give you access to that power

Look y'all,

Y'all may not want to believe this or not, but whatever. A&T is saving money on travel in multiple sports and Football isn't the end-all, be-all for the Athletic Department. They have 15 other sports that they have to budget for and travel expenses have been needed to be reined in for years.

And yes, even in the MEAC, we'd still have to shell out money for multiple hotels stays for multiple teams when games are played in Delaware and Maryland. And we don't have to do that in the Big South. And Football's a wash anyway because our team stays in hotels every Friday before games regardless of where the game is played.

So if that's selling out or getting the "White Man's colder ice."

It's like you critics don't read BOT reports, read budgetary line items of your alma mater's Athletic department (or any department in general), or even have conversations with Athletic or School admins regarding their financial priorities.

And guess what? FCS and Division 2 will always be about cost constraints. Guess who's budgets will always be about these things?

84e0f778-e9e7-4401-9337-5f8da7abbdb4_text.gif

(I probably shouldn't even have used this gif because of Charlie Bown's skin color but it fits.)

This White Acceptance Crap isn't paying the bills.

But you walked away from an Espn deal where the ad acknowledged was lesser than the MEAC which means less funds

You walked away from the CB bowl that put a few dollars in your pocket in return for what?

You walked away from bigger distributions

You had bills paid but rather create new bills

But you walked away from an Espn deal where the ad acknowledged was lesser than the MEAC which means less funds

You walked away from the CB bowl that put a few dollars in your pocket in return for what?

You walked away from bigger distributions

You had bills paid but rather create new bills
I've read the budgetary line items multiple times. With all of those items you mentioned, they could not lessen our travel costs, which equated from about $900,000 in 13/14 to above $2.4 million 18/19. As a result, Campus Enterprises (Auxilliary Services) had to prop up the budget to a tune of ~34%. The university wants that down to 25%.

So if the revenue line items you mentioned weren't leading to a reduction into the amount of $$$ Campus Enterprises had to give Athletics, were they really doing what you're alluding to with your posts?

Last edited:
Some of yall are speaking from emotions, the A&T folks spoke on these numbers a few times before. I get the Hampton criticism but for the Aggies, the numbers speak for themselves.
I personally have no problem with what A&T nor what Hampton has done. My problem is when folks start that academics stuff. I'm always surprised at the myth of black folks who act like being associated with the good white schools are the golden ticket to black prosperity. That's a koon mentality. Yes some get in the door, but realistically that percentage is small. Very small.

I personally have no problem with what A&T nor what Hampton has done. My problem is when folks start that academics stuff. I'm always surprised at the myth of black folks who act like being associated with the good white schools are the golden ticket to black prosperity. That's a koon mentality. Yes some get in the door, but realistically that percentage is small. Very small.
I get what you are saying. I think A&T and Hampton are different cases and I agree with you about the CAA.

Some of yall are speaking from emotions, the A&T folks spoke on these numbers a few times before. I get the Hampton criticism but for the Aggies, the numbers speak for themselves.
I'll admit some of the rhetoric from Aggies on this board and others helped inflame feelings on here. Let me apologize for any comments I made to anger others. But these budgetary numbers seem pretty black and white, and they're kind of shocking to me. They're like a wake-up call to Aggie Alumni that we need to get off our butts and support Athletics far better than we have in the past, especially if we have FBS Aspirations.

The last thing I want to do is get up and read that we have a $25 million dollar deficit because we bit off way more than we could chew. I'd be one pissed-off booster.

Or they aren’t complete sellouts like NCAT, Tennessee State & Hampton

It continues to amaze me that a university doing what's in its best interest is considered selling out.

In A&T. Case numbers don't lie. I will TNSU and Hampton speak for themselves

It continues to amaze me that a university doing what's in its best interest is considered selling out.

In A&T. Case numbers don't lie. I will TNSU and Hampton speak for themselves

What numbers? Because from what I’m seeing, attendance for home games in Greensboro were abysmal this past season as compared to when y’all were in the MEAC…

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
What numbers? Because from what I’m seeing, attendance for home games in Greensboro were abysmal this past season as compared to when y’all were in the MEAC…
He's probably referring to the budgetary line items I'm referring to on this thread, which is what A&T's admin used to determine the need to change conference affiliation.

I'll admit some of the rhetoric from Aggies on this board and others helped inflame feelings on here. Let me apologize for any comments I made to anger others. But these budgetary numbers seem pretty black and white, and they're kind of shocking to me. They're like a wake-up call to Aggie Alumni that we need to get off our butts and support Athletics far better than we have in the past, especially if we have FBS Aspirations.

The last thing I want to do is get up and read that we have a $25 million dollar deficit because we bit off way more than we could chew. I'd be one pissed-off booster.
Don't worry about that FBS move because the Power 5 is trying to end the FBS anyways; this is probably the end of NCAA. https://www.espn.com/college-sports...ools-vote-ratify-new-streamlined-constitution

I have no issue with the budget concerns. What bothers me is that the MEAC didn’t act on these concerns and subsequently lost four schools. Well six schools if you count the ones that went D2.

This is the funny part lol. The MEAC was run like garbage and people want to scream c**n for teams leaving but NOT the shitty leadership.

This is the funny part lol. The MEAC was run like garbage and people want to scream c**n for teams leaving but NOT the shitty leadership.
Was it the conference that made decisions to not setup different divisions to ease some the traveling issues that they had as conference? Or was it the Presidents and administrations of the member schools that were not forward thinking that didn't ease some of the concerns of their member school?

Was it the conference that made decisions to not setup different divisions to ease some the traveling issues that they had as conference? Or was it the Presidents and administrations of the member schools that were not forward thinking that didn't ease some of the concerns of their member school?

A&T and FAMU pushed for divisional play. Thomas made a horrible presentation to the Presidents and was voted down

So there were no numbers in the presentation? Did they not prep for it? Rehearse? Show it to somebody before hand? Lord…

Last edited:
If this is what Hampton planned then congrats! However, is the basketball program carrying the other sports? The football program is only averaging about 4K per home game. Hampton obviously has some very generous athletic supporters and/or high student athletic fees. Someone explain how they fund their athletic programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back