Hampton, Monmouth and Stony Brook to CAA & now NCAT & Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everett Pulliam Jr

NEWS: The CAA is expected to add Hampton as a member on July 1st and is also targeting both Stony Brook and Monmouth as potential members, according to multiple sources.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Hell of a win for them for anyone not being biased. You go from one of t he worst fcs conferences to one of the best with great academics. Will most definitely give them a recruiting plus in the tri-state area.

It will destroy them slowly, they just don't know it yet! They are by their lonesome now, with no relatable help because they followed a false narrative. This is gonna be painful to watch, but otherwise is necessary and part of something bigger to come. Good luck Hampton!

Being by their lonesome in the CAA is what Hampton has always wanted. Harvey is probably grinning from ear to ear because he’s now associated with schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware, etc. If you know Hampton and their president you know this what was always the end goal. Congrats to them.

Being by their lonesome in the CAA is what Hampton has always wanted. Harvey is probably grinning from ear to ear because he’s now associated with schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware, etc. If you know Hampton and their president you know this what was always the end goal. Congrats to them.
So basically the intent all along was to be Franklin at Charlie Brown’s table

As the saying goes, only time will tell if this was a good move for Hampton. I will say that unless they plan to do some major facility upgrades and increase their overall athletic budget, it may be A WHILE before Hampton wins any championship --- save perhaps basketball --- in that conference.

Playing sports and being academically associated with schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware are two different ball parks. I'm just saying...... I don't see how that transitions over to making them a academic powerhouse as some are suggesting. Have the associated schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware always had black athletes and students? What has that gotten black people? I'm lost. Help me out? Is this one of those I think white folks got better books to read over black people?

Good luck to the PirateS in their new conference.

What is left of the Big South conference? Will they merge with the OVC?

So basically the intent all along was to be Franklin at Charlie Brown’s table

You can say that but, they would probably say they wanted to be associated with like minded schools who will take them to the next level for academic and athletic reputation.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong but Hampton’s schtick is an elitism kind of deal and this is where Harvey wanted to be for decades.

Playing sports and being academically associated with schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware are two different ball parks. I'm just saying...... I don't see how that transitions over to making them a academic powerhouse as some are suggesting. Have the associated schools like William & Mary, U of Richmond, Delaware always had black athletes and students? What has that gotten black people? I'm lost. Help me out? Is this one of those I think white folks got better books to read over black people?

Short answer: Yes

And now A&T is really stuck in no man's land while the lil Stephens finally got their wish and can bolt where they wanted to be all the time

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Yes they have black students and jocks. A few of the teams got NBA links like Randy Ayers's kid is at William and Mary and Speedy Claxton. And colleges that have popped out professional players (non NBA) Northeastern tossed out 21.

From a basketball viewpoint they could dominate. I would suspect win loss record versus CCA and networking is why they went there. I would have stayed put.

It can never be about just wanting to be in a better conference with yall lol. Are we going to really sit here and debate that the CAA is a worse conference than the MEAC? All the personal stuff I leave to others. No one seems to complain about the other two teams that left. I wonder why.

Short answer: Yes

And now A&T is really stuck in no man's land while the lil Stephens finally got their wish and can bolt where they wanted to be all the time

Lol no man's land . A&T has options

1. Stay in Big South in all sports and see what other movement happens

2. Stay in Big South and join a conference for football only

3. Join the A Sun who previously sent an invitation for membership to A&T

4. Rejoin the MEAC

I think it's either gonna be option 2 or 1

It can never be about just wanting to be in a better conference with yall lol. Are we going to really sit here and debate that the CAA is a worse conference than the MEAC? All the personal stuff I leave to others. No one seems to complain about the other two teams that left. I wonder why.

Everything is racial in some folks eyes. It's a lot of hurt folks out there

You know what this is and we aint got to sugar coat it. It's another example of them believing a false narrative over the years and finally getting a chance to sit at massa's table! Now watch how much stumbling and bumbling these fools start doing. Its' almost entirely impossible to unite as a people in this country because of segregated mindsets.

As such, let's just see how this plays out over the next 3-4 years and then we can reassess accordingly. But as of right now, Hampton and A&T are on the list to face death slowly by a thousand paper cuts from the very books they have been begging for years from Dwight Man!

Last edited:
Whoa...let's tap the breaks for a minute. Everything may not be "racial," but let's not pretend that race (or culture) doesn't/hasn't played a factor in some of the decisions we've witnessed with respect to moves made within the world of college athletics.

(Good meeting you in the ATL!)

Did you not see what White Americans said when Deion Sanders signed the number 1 recruit in football? So now it's black people making it racial? So I guess what Florida St fans burning the Jersey was a open expression of love for black people like they burn the Confederate flag 😅 the same white folks you defending think your school like mines is a piece of shyt and dumb blacks. Don't be fooled! Ask them and they will tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back