Halle Berry's Catwoman

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Pretty decent SUperhero type movie...anyone check it out yet?

I read in EUR, that she came in 2nd or 3rd place to Bourne Supremacy.

Someone here at work saw this movie and they said it was not very good. But I will still check it out.

pbla,

I've learned a looooooooooooooonnnng time ago, that you must check movies out for yourself. Everyone's taste in movies, is different. I really wanted to see this movie, simply b/c the critics talked so bad about Halle taking this sort of role, after winning an Oscar. The movie really wasn't that bad.

They talked about her taking the role of fugging the white boy in Monster's Ball, which she won the Oscar for, now she can't even take a SUperhero role either. Poor Halle, she just can't win for losing. :(

What happened to all her so-called fans?

SU's Finest '93 said:
pbla,

I've learned a looooooooooooooonnnng time ago, that you must check movies out for yourself. Everyone's taste in movies, is different. I really wanted to see this movie, simply b/c the critics talked so bad about Halle taking this sort of role, after winning an Oscar. The movie really wasn't that bad.

They talked about her taking the role of fugging the white boy in Monster's Ball, which she won the Oscar for, now she can't even take a SUperhero role either. Poor Halle, she just can't win for losing. :(

What happened to all her so-called fans?

Finest,
Our people did all of the criticizing of Halle for the role in MONSTER'S BALL. Sometimes, our people are just to serious for all the wrong reasons. Black people are IMAGE SENSITVE due to the fact that African American image suffered from stereotyping in the past in Hollywood. Halle did not win the Oscar for fugging Billy Bob Thornton(he love's Black women), she won the Oscar for portraying the role of a single mother in MONSTER'S BALL. Halle is an annointed actress, not all actors can claim that they are annointed in talent like she has.

The wife and I did or usual and saw two movies this weekend. She loved Catwoman, I say it was okay. It is really a woman's movie though, and I think my machismo kept me from liking it more. Catwomen is supposed to represent freedom, liberation, empowerment, etc. for women, and that theme is played out throughout the movie. I have never been a fan of female superheros. Sue me. It was worth the 6 bucks, and I am sure a part two is coming soon. But all of my wife's friends that have seen it, liked it too.

Bourne Supremacy was awesome!

pbla said:
Finest,
Our people did all of the criticizing of Halle for the role in MONSTER'S BALL. Sometimes, our people are just to serious for all the wrong reasons. Black people are IMAGE SENSITVE due to the fact that African American image suffered from stereotyping in the past in Hollywood. Halle did not win the Oscar for fugging Billy Bob Thornton(he love's Black women), she won the Oscar for portraying the role of a single mother in MONSTER'S BALL. Halle is an annointed actress, not all actors can claim that they are annointed in talent like she has.

Hey pbla, that's how we look at it....they don't look at it that way. That's one of the points I was trying to make. ;)

I know Halle's a magnificent actress...I'm one of her biggest fans. :tup:

Back