Haitians land at Miami - many are apprehended and will likely be deported

hassan

La ilaj? ila Al
Haitians Immigrants Stopped Near Causeway
Many Make It To Shore
Posted: 4:11 p.m. EST October 29, 2002
Updated: 4:41 p.m. EST October 29, 2002

MIAMI -- Law enforcement boats tried to stop a boat heavily loaded with Haitian immigrants near the Rickenbacker Causeway this afternoon.

Dozens of people jumped from the boat just after 4 p.m., with many making it to shore while others were picked up out of the water by the Coast Guard and law enforcement.

Many of the immigrants, who made their way to the causeway, were seen clammering into passing vehicles, others running into the wooded area nearby.

Police cars began coverging on the scene just moments after the Haitians made it to shore.

According to immigration policy, it is likely that even the Haitians who made it to shore will be deported. Because they are from a Democratic country, in order to stay, they would have to prove that they are the victims of political persecution and at risk of physical violence or death.

1746317_200X150.jpg

Mexican and African descent illegal immigrants are always treated differently from other immigrants. If they were Asian, they would be cleaned up, giving a place to stay with all their family, and giving a loan from bank to start a new business. :redhot:

Just another example of America's racist immigration policies.

How much hand did the U.S. have in creating the Haitian militia or secret force the Ton Ton Macoute?

I do think they handle immigrants from certain countries different.

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
Ok, if they come to America, how many of them will really find jobs and taxes. Maybe I'm just sick of FICA!!!!

A lot of them. My grandfather is a Haitian immigrant and he got over here the same way on a boat jump off and ran to shore. He has NEVER been on welfair and started his own biz and does his part to help other Haitians. Many Haitians try and help thier own becasue they are living a nightmare in Haiti.

I 2nd that emotion. Send their asses back!!! Close the flood gates!!!

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
I ain't trying to be funny but, I'm tired of these illegal aliens.

Originally posted by JSU*Toi

A lot of them. My grandfather is a Haitian immigrant and he got over here the same way on a boat jump off and ran to shore. He has NEVER been on welfair and started his own biz and does his part to help other Haitians. Many Haitians try and help thier own becasue they are living a nightmare in Haiti.

It should be noted that the U.S. hands are very dirty when it comes to Haitian politics. Many U.S. administrations were very supportive of the Duvalier's and other non-democratic Haitian regimes.

If the U.S. will send back the Haitians, then it should send back the Cubans, especially those conservative ones.

Toi's grandfather is no different from the many other Haitians that I know

They come here to work their butts off and take the jobs that Americans are "too good" to take

They work hard, they obey laws, they fight for our country (it was a group of Haitians that won a crucial battle for America at Savannah during the American Revolution), and they make sure that they say THANK YOU to Uncle Sam by being his best possible chil'uns.

check out this thread for more discussion:

http://www.meacfans.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003552

EB, I dont know how much the US had to do with the dreaded ton ton macoute but those sadistic bastards didnt need much training on how to terrorize

i have to run but i'll be back fa sho.....

people complain but they really do do jobs we refuse to do.

http://www.meacfans.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003618

March For Justice and Freedom

Rights for All Immigrants!

Free the Haitians Now!

Why: 200 refugees who arrived on Key Biscayne on October 29 are still incarcerated by the INS. We demand freedom now.

Who: Prominent community leaders, elected officials, human rights activists, concerned residents, immigrant communities, family members and former detainees.

When: Thursday, November 21, 2002 at 4 pm

Where: Meet at the Claude Pepper Federal Building, 51 SW First Avenue, in downtown Miami. March to the Torch of Friendship at Bayside for speeches and rally.

No More Racism and Discrimination Against Haitians!

Stop INS Hostility!

For more information contact: Marleine Bastien or John Dorvil at (305) 756-8050, David Skovholt at 305-573-1106 x1160

Initial List of Sponsors: Haitian Women of Miami, Guatemalan Unity Information Association, SEIU 1199, Haitian Lawyers Association, Illumini Models, Haitian American Youth of Tomorrow, Haitian Neighborhood Center (Sant La), Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Veye Yo, Unite for Dignity, Acorn, Jobs with Justice, Florida Acorn, Haitian American Grassroots Coalition, NAACP, HELP Inc. and more….

PLEASE COME OUT AND SUPPORT

MACH POU JISTIS AK LIBETE DWA POU TOUT IMIGRAN LIBERE YO KOUNYE-A

An nou di non kont rasis

An nou di non kont I-N-S

Poukisa: 200 refijye ki te rive nan ki biskine nan dat 29 oktob la toujou amba min imigrasyon nou mand? libete ko?m ye-a.

Kiy?s: Lide kominot?-a ofisy?l ki eli yo, aktivis dwa imen yo moun nan kiminote-a ki kons?nen ak tout l?t kominote imigran yo, manm fanmi epi moun ki te pas? nan detansyon imigrasyon daja.

Kil?: Jedi 21 Novanm 2002 depi 4:00-? nan apre midi

Ki Kote: Nap renknotr? nan gro building ki r?le claude pepper a, Ki nan 51 sw 1er aveni. Nap mache ale nan flanbeau amitye nan bayside la pou pale epi proteste.

Pou plis informasyon knotakte: Marleine Bastien ou John Dorvil-(305) 756-8050, David Skovholt-305-573-1106 x1160

Ki pa vle w? ayisyen

Initial List of Sponsors: Haitian Women of Miami, Guatemalan Unity Information Association, SEIU 1199, Haitian Lawyers Association, Illumini Models, Haitian American Youth of Tomorrow, Haitian Neighborhood Center (Sant La), Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Veye Yo, Unite for Dignity, Acorn, Jobs with Justice, Florida Acorn, Haitian American Grassroots Coalition, NAACP, HELP Inc. and more….

VIN SIP?TE K?Z LA

Una marcha por la
justicia y la libertad

İDerechos para todos los inmigrantes!

İLiberen a los haitianos ahora!

?Por qu??: 200 refugiados que llegaron a Key Biscayne el 29 de octubre todav?a permanecen encarcelados por el Servicio de Inmigraci?n.

?Qui?nes?: prominentes l?deres comunitarios, oficiales electos, activistas de los derechos humanos, residentes preocupados, comunidades de inmigrantes, miembros de familia y personas que estuvieron detenidas anteriormente.

?Cu?ndo?: El jueves, 21 de noviembre del 2002 a las 4pm.

?D?nde?: El punto de encuentro es en el edificio federal Claude Pepper, 51 SW primera avenida, en el centro de Miami. Marchen hacia la antorcha de la amistad en Bayside para escuchar discursos y congregarse.

?No m?s racismo!

?A detener la hostilidad del INS!

Lista inicial de patrocinadores: Haitian Women of Miami, Guatemalan Unity Information Association, SEIU 1199, Haitian Lawyers Association, Illumini Models, Haitian American Youth of Tomorrow, Haitian Neighborhood Center (Sant La), Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center, Florida Immigrant Coalition, Veye Yo, Unite for Dignity, Acorn, Jobs with Justice, Florida Acorn, Haitian American Grassroots Coalition y m?s….

Para m?s informaci?n comun?quese con: Marleine Bastien o John Dorvil al (305) 756-8050, David Skovholt at 305-573-1106 x1160

Por favor vengan y apoyen

The Haitians should be sent back. Remember that the US is the one that set up the Govt in Haiti. How can these people claim asylum and ask to be protected?

I think that all illegals should be sent home. Im tired of wasting money on all this stuff.

America is a very poor policy when it comes to Haitians. It's sad when all they really are trying to do is better themselves and abscond from the political and human turmoil in Haiti.

But let them be Cubans. It won't be a major issue. But even if it is, Haitians need help and Country of Haiti needs repair in the most significant of respects.

Yes they did, but it was hastily done such that public outcry/violence and a poor economy as amounted with more vehemence than with Jean Aristede (sp). After fruitless rewards, the US conceded (sp) that the effort was more than time consuming.

I'm really hoping I'm wrong with this information, but that's just how it looks.

Originally posted by Killer Bees
Mexican and African descent illegal immigrants are always treated differently from other immigrants. If they were Asian, they would be cleaned up, giving a place to stay with all their family, and giving a loan from bank to start a new business. :redhot:

Just another example of America's racist immigration policies.
Anybody ever hear of problems with the Canadian border. There are so many people slipping in through Canada it's ridiculous. But you never hear about that. I wonder why??? But they patrol the Mexican border and the Florida coastline like crazy.

I say let them stay, after all that is how this country was built in the first place, by immigrants. This will only create a more competitive spirit in our markets.

If you haven't noticed, America has globalized its work force. Companies have people working in other countries and paying them as much as 80% less. Immigrants will not have to come here for a better life, America will provide them jobs in their country. Look at IBM, Microsoft, Nike, etc. Majority of their products and services are done elsewhere.

We as Americans need to think about how we are going to compete in the market when companies can find someone halfway across the world to do the same thing for a 80% discount.

Soon, we will be after the jobs the illegal immigrants are willing to take.

Its call competition, and in today's society, it can't be avoided.

Originally posted by Robber

Anybody ever hear of problems with the Canadian border. There are so many people slipping in through Canada it's ridiculous. But you never hear about that. I wonder why??? But they patrol the Mexican border and the Florida coastline like crazy.

This is so true.

DS, you are speaking the truth.

Back