My Wife and Kids
North Shore
Point Pleasant
Summerland

DAYUM!!!!! That's another show I was getting into!!! :bawling:

I'm shole gone miss my main reason for watching that show:

movies_3264_main.jpg
:ebrow:

What they need to cancel is that awful CSI:Miami. That is really not good. They should have just left it alone with the original because its still the best.

yeah, I heard about my man's show being cancelled...:(

I watched Kevin Hill faithfully, every Wednesday night.

Not my wife and kids!!! I still watch that show. I guess I'll catch it when the DVD drops!

And CSI :Miami is the bomb man. I love Horatio and his one liners!

SU's Finest '93 said:
yeah, I heard about my man's show being cancelled...:(

I watched Kevin Hill faithfully, every Wednesday night.
I did too. The brotha wore some nice shirt and ties. I loved that show. I'm writing UPN forever whatever reason it will do,but it might help. I know an actress and she said the Black people do not write in to the network presidents about how they like the shows like White people do. She said one letter represents 9000 people. But anyway, somehow I think a lot of people did not like Kevin Hill's gay nanny. It was a good show.

pbla said:
I did too. The brotha wore some nice shirt and ties. I loved that show. I'm writing UPN forever whatever reason it will do,but it might help. I know an actress and she said the Black people do not write in to the network presidents about how they like the shows like White people do. She said one letter represents 9000 people. But anyway, somehow I think a lot of people did not like Kevin Hill's gay nanny. It was a good show.
A lot of folks don't like the fact that Taye Diggs is married to a white woman...and he dated several white girls on Kevin Hill, too.

SU's Finest '93 said:
A lot of folks don't like the fact that Taye Diggs is married to a white woman...and he dated several white girls on Kevin Hill, too.
Yeah he did dated some White grils on that show.So that adds all the strikes up on this show. First strike:the nanny is gay. Second strike:KH dated White girls( that did not bother me,but I can understand how some people feel) and the 3rd strike which is the one that matters the most is that the ratings were low. 2 seasons is pretty good though for a show like this.

"Raymond" was not cancelled.

This was the last year ...........like when "Seinfield" and "Friends" went off the air.

Now they can sit back and count their "syndication money". :nod2:

Now ...........if somebody can get that NO TALENT PARIS HILTON off the airwaves................. :tup:

Alum, and Stagga you guys are right, "Raymond" wasn't cancelled. Ray Ramano took a page out of Jerry Seinfeld's book, and felt the show ran it's course, and that he wanted to go out on top. Even though he was making roughly 50 million a year from CBS to do it.

I saw him on David Letterman at the beginning of this season, and said that he didn't want to go out like Bill Cosby, Rosanne, Drew Carey, and Tim Allen, with their shows being all but forgotten, while the networks dragged the life out of them. He felt that Jerry Seinfeld did the right thing, and that's how he wanted to end his great run.

NYPD Blue wasn't cancelled either, they felt the show had run it's course, and when Steven Bocho left the show, Dennis Franz said he didn't have enough energy to keep doing the show, and that the writing was no longer on par with the L&O franchise.

I'm not surprised that "My Wife & Kids" got cancelled, the son was just too stupid for words, and after 5 years he just wasn't funny anymore. I've felt the show fell on his shoulders, because Damon just isn't that funny too me, and Teisha Campbell wasn't the same after she gave birth in real life. They did a good job concealing her pregnancy though.

I'm surprised "Kevin Hill" got the hook. I thought the show was placed on wrong night, and with a bad time slot. The show was also recieving a lot of acclaim, and actually picking up steam. Maybe somebody else will pick the show up, it's happened before.

In any case, I'm looking forward to Chris Rock's new show, "Everybody Hate's Chris." It premiers in the fall, and it's based on Chris' life as a child. Terry Crews will be on the show as his father. For those that don't recognize him by name, he was Latrell on "White Chicks", and the big arsed just released from prison son, on "Friday After Next." Sorry his charachter's name escape's me at the moment.

NICE

You know what gets me? Shows like ?Who Wants to Be a Hilton? or whatever it?s called, are created and given a chance all the time. I can not believe they came up with a reality show based on folks trying to be a part of the Hilton family. You have GOT to be kidding me! :smh: We can?t even get a decent show with a small, minority cast created, let alone get any kind of network support. I mean really?Taye and Michael Michelle were the only two minorities. I really liked Kevin Hill, but I agree it may have been on a the wrong time. Any word on what?s up with Girlfriends? I stopped watching my Wife and Kids two years ago. It had just run it?s course and had just become hard to watch. Kinda like DL Hughley's show a while back.

And again I ask the question I?ve been asking for years?do we really know how many black folks have Nielsen boxes and do they really still use those boxes as the sole means of determine who watches a show? If that?s the only thing they use nowadays, they have to know it?s antiquated.

Back