GSU vs SU blowout

Who do you think won the battle of

• Grambling "World Famed"

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Southern "Human Jukebox"

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
Bruh it don't matter if we wait 30 years from now. I mean until the end of time it will be an argument over who is better SU or GSU. Just as with us as well as SU it is hard to get people to admit L. How many people do you know will swollow school pride and be like bruh you all got us. That is what is wrong with black college bands. I am guilty of this myself but we spend too much time worring about the wrong things. Things that don't matter when the only thing that we should worry about is whether or not we put on a show that left the crowd in aawwww. Instead of critism can we get some congratulations going on. I mean if even MVSU put on the best show in the world who would actually admit to them that they did good. Be real. But ah it has been a wonderful fall congratulations to every band in the SWAC do good in the Spring may all of you do alot things that brings goodness to you bands. Peace see you in the Fall!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
why wait until next year when we are talkin about what happen this year. THis is about the 2003 bayou classic not the years in the pastand not the years to come. so when next year comes we will talk about that classic but until then ..................... be about it
Anyway this will go on until the end of time this is a never ending subject that started in 1974
both bands should have pride in there self no matter what the results because each band did there best. both put in time an hard work.

KAPPA KAPPA PSI #3
EP Spr. 03
AEA

Re: you have been getting L's from SU for years and this one is no different

Originally posted by Justin Kredible
Grum, Grum, Grum....ok' you have become better than in the past...but don't think FOR ONE MOMENT that you have come close to being on the Jukebox's level...(in marching or in sound, or in getting house for your field show) I have been to 19 Bayou Classics in a row...so before then I cannot speak on...but the only impressive Bayou Classic show that I have seen from the 4/8 band from Tigerland is the year that yall left in the 2nd quarter only to return at halftime in white tuxedos...nice look but the sound even then, just wasn't...wasn't really....wasn't really all there...and even though the GSU band was nicely dressed as waiters from an expensive restaurant...THEY STILL GOT SERVED!!!

You shall always be known as the "I think I can band from Tigerland....because you think that you can outplay, outmarch, outhouse SU, JSU, TSU, & PV...

:idea: Hey, why don't you go show Grambling how to do all those things you claim we don't do besides, you seem to have the credentials and all, having been to not just 18, but 19 classics! Hey, maybe we'll win next year with your guidance!

Originally posted by World Famed
Bruh it don't matter if we wait 30 years from now. I mean until the end of time it will be an argument over who is better SU or GSU. Just as with us as well as SU it is hard to get people to admit L. How many people do you know will swollow school pride and be like bruh you all got us. That is what is wrong with black college bands. I am guilty of this myself but we spend too much time worring about the wrong things. Things that don't matter when the only thing that we should worry about is whether or not we put on a show that left the crowd in aawwww. Instead of critism can we get some congratulations going on. I mean if even MVSU put on the best show in the world who would actually admit to them that they did good. Be real. But ah it has been a wonderful fall congratulations to every band in the SWAC do good in the Spring may all of you do alot things that brings goodness to you bands. Peace see you in the Fall!!!!

Not true ASU folks ADMIT they got WAXED by SU this passed weekend......

I think GSU is over happy because you all sound better than the past 10 editions of GSU.......

Just as with us as well as SU it is hard to get people to admit L. How many people do you know will swollow school pride and be like bruh you all got us.

Can't go with you on that one. With very few exceptions, we (the '80s and back crew) were pretty honest with each other about what happened on the field. As I've stated several times in the past, we hung out together after games and took care of the visitors (food, drinks, parties, etc...). We would always gives props where they were due and we would have some friendly ribbing if possible. For example, when TxSU brought what was almost a perfect show to Baton Rouge on us, we told them that (they knew it, but we confirmed it). Yet, they messed and had a chick sing before coming off and she was kicking any butt and got booed off the field. It hurt them, because they knew if it hadn't been for the adding of that song coming off the field, they would have waxed SU. We knew we were saved by her singing. We had our chat about it and let the fun together begin. The same typed of interaction happened with others like JSU. Trust me, if it was ever close, we drove each other even harder than we were already after that. It was never cool with us to leave a field without the crowd on their feet.

That is what is wrong with black college bands. I am guilty of this myself but we spend too much time worring about the wrong things. Things that don't matter when the only thing that we should worry about is whether or not we put on a show that left the crowd in aawwww. Instead of critism can we get some congratulations going on.

I agree. I read some of these post and shake my head. One week I see certain people complimenting a band. But, when they face that band, everything they post is a negative attack. How can a band be good so many things before you face them and all of sudden be total SLAW against you? SMH...

Peace!!!

The people have spoken...

Grambling "World Famed".....19...61.29%
Southern "Human Jukebox"...12...38.71%
...................................Total: 31 votes 100%

Back