GSU/PV, are they screwing you @ the SFC?

Panther88

Banned
We all know that GSU and PV drumlines are to perform @ the comedy dealio w/ Steve Harvey, DC Curry, et al. But, w/ the ANTICIPATED sellout (tickets range from 22$-45$), how much are you guys getting paid for this? We all know that Steve and company will receive checks, but what about the bands?

Please tell me that the band directors are not <b>pimping</b> students. :(

Can't say for sure what the payout is/will be cuz I dunno. But I can say that most bands ARE pimped all season long. Take away bands from the football games and attendance drops (see SFC circa 1998), but most bands don't get a portion of the gate receipts that they help to bring in.

Originally posted by s phi s
but most bands don't get a portion of the gate receipts that they help to bring in.

WHy should they get a portion of the gate receipt. The STATE of Texas do not support athletics, however they do support fine arts and music through state ran college and University's

Originally posted by Panthro
We all know that GSU and PV drumlines are to perform @ the comedy dealio w/ Steve Harvey, DC Curry, et al. But, w/ the ANTICIPATED sellout (tickets range from 22$-45$), how much are you guys getting paid for this? We all know that Steve and company will receive checks, but what about the bands?

Please tell me that the band directors are not <b>pimping</b> students. :(

I bet we don't get a damn thang for it....:redhot:

Originally posted by s phi s
Can't say for sure what the payout is/will be cuz I dunno. But I can say that most bands ARE pimped all season long. Take away bands from the football games and attendance drops (see SFC circa 1998), but most bands don't get a portion of the gate receipts that they help to bring in.
Co-signing.
The average fan come to see the bands and the bands gets treated like crap. All the money they recieve from those games and other functions that a band performs at,....they hardly see a penny. How long will students as well as alumni allow this unfair and greedy practice to continue???? This has got to change!!!!

well i know a group that is putting on a step show and battle of the bands. the step groups are set so i guess they will have to get 2 high schools. and i know what the payout for the band is.

Originally posted by Quietstorm
WHy should they get a portion of the gate receipt. The STATE of Texas do not support athletics, however they do support fine arts and music through state ran college and University's

Then that means your band should be able to do a lot more traveling. I would love to see PV get out there more.

Originally posted by whocares98
GSU has been getting pimped for years.

Who you tellin.....

All I know is you all better have SU's money come Thanksgiving time.

:)

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
Then that means your band should be able to do a lot more traveling. I would love to see PV get out there more.

Unfortunately there is more than a money issue @ PV !

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
One of my Sinfonian bruhs told me about y'all last Super Bowl trip. Some of that stuff wasn't right at all...

Man, don't even get me started on that trip. Although the whole of it was cool, some things could have been waaaaaaaaay better. Poor planning on the Super Bowl staff or maybe that meant to do it.

The two times we went to San Diego for the Gold Coast Classic was the bomb.

:mad: :redhot: :mad: Dem *****s know that they will owe us a cut of something......Practicing til 3 o'clock in the morning to fine tune cadences and features to a "T".....Even if they don't pay us something, I know and some of my other BOX bruthas know that they will reap the benifits from all the monkey that our fans will advertise to us......ya dig

Back