GSU Celebrates HBCU Title with Rings

The Founder

http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...tes-hbcu-title-commemorative-rings/102102506/

GRAMBLING — Broderick Fobbs normally holds the microphone with his left hand when he gives speeches. On Wednesday, Grambling's football coach firmly placed it in his right hand to show off new hardware.

The bling was a new HBCU national championship ring handed out Wednesday during a ceremony at Grambling's student union. The ring, which features the words "National" and "Champions" with Grambling's "G" logo with in the middle, is custom-made for each individual with their last name on the side along with a "12-1" to signify the Tigers' record.

Grambling had about 150 rings made with around 90 for players and an additional 60 for coaches and support staff from anyone like equipment managers to bus drivers.
----------------------------

Now that's a damn good gesture.

GSUChampion_rings.jpg

Grambling had about 150 rings made with around 90 for players and an additional 60 for coaches and support staff from anyone like equipment managers to bus drivers.
----------------------------

Now that's a damn good gesture.

Why put that in bold? Big deal.

The bus driver's got them when PV won the championship as well. I saw this guy that drove for Texas Bus lines back when I was playing at PV in the early 90's. He told me he drove PV's team for over 20 years and was driving them when they won the Championship.
He was driving Southern's team this past year when Southern came to PV and I was messing with him about being a traitor, but then he show me the PV championship ring he was wearing. He said he was still PV at heart......lol!

Back