GSU ANNOUNCES MAJOR STADIUM IMPROVEMENTS

The Founder

http://www.gram.edu/news/?p=2078

Grambling State University Director of Athletics Paul Bryant announced the first major renovations and upgrades to the Eddie G. Robinson Memorial Stadium in decades, including a total football field turf overhaul and a high-tech digital scoreboard.

The project, with an estimated cost of $1.5 million to $2 million, is scheduled to start as early as next week. The aggressive construction timeline calls for a mid-August completion, just before the first game against Tulane University in New Orleans on Sept. 2 and the first home game at Robinson Memorial Stadium on Sept. 9.

“I haven’t been here long, but I’ve heard loud and clear from our alumni, students and all kinds of GSU fans and stakeholders that this is long overdue,” said Bryant, who arrived in January. “There’s no time like the present, and it’s time to make this happen.”

In addition to the stadium upgrades, Bryant said the school is adding a fourth home game, something fans have discussed for years. Rather than play the Red River Classic in Shreveport this fall, the Texas Southern University football matchup will be played at home on Oct. 28. TSU has a big fan base, with a 2016 regular home attendance of 5,371 and away attendance averaging 8,665. Bryant said that game will now be the GSU homecoming game. The GSU-TSU game will be Homecoming 2018

In addition to the stadium upgrades, Bryant said the school is adding a fourth home game, something fans have discussed for years. Rather than play the Red River Classic in Shreveport this fall, the Texas Southern University football matchup will be played at home on Oct. 28. TSU has a big fan base, with a 2016 regular home attendance of 5,371 and away attendance averaging 8,665. Bryant said that game will now be the GSU homecoming game. The GSU-TSU game will be Homecoming 2018

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

http://www.gram.edu/news/?p=2078

Where did he get those TSU "away attendance" numbers? TSU has never brought 8000 fans anywhere, maybe with the exception of PV. They certainly have never brought anywhere near that many to SU. A couple of years ago, I attended a GSU-TSU game at Gram where fewer than 50 TSU fans were in attendance. In fact, fewer than 1000 attended the game in total.

colorpicker_image.php

NO MORE!!!!!!

A couple of years ago, I attended a GSU-TSU game at Gram where fewer than 50 TSU fans were in attendance. In fact, fewer than 1000 attended the game in total.

That was the game coming off the JSU protest game. I was there. We beat they asses.

Where did he get those TSU "away attendance" numbers? TSU has never brought 8000 fans anywhere, maybe with the exception of PV. They certainly have never brought anywhere near that many to SU. A couple of years ago, I attended a GSU-TSU game at Gram where fewer than 50 TSU fans were in attendance. In fact, fewer than 1000 attended the game in total.
In the 80's to early 90's, I went to JSU games against TSU and TSU never brought a lot of fans. They never brought many to Grambling either.

Tiger Nation Baby!!! You all just a bunch of damn haters.

This thread is about Grambling finally getting rid of that sun dial of a scoreboard.
LOL @ the "sun dail" scoreboard with the buzzer!!!! Scoreboard was taken out of Memorial Gym.....lol.

Congrats on the new field turf as well. I think only lsu is the only school in the state left with grass(but they can afford the upkeep).

The weather was horrible and had been horrible off and on for weeks. Tickets sold were far more than people who attended...isn't that right Founder (who never delivered on his fried catfish PROMISE).

Back