"Group Think"

J C

:shame: I suppose this is what the black repubs refer to as "sheep" :licky: :licky: . It's sad I tell you. The Bushies will not assume any responsibility for these failures and admit they misled the nation. Harry Truman, where are you when we had a president that took responsibility for his adminstration's action and did not make an Agency (CIA) the scapegoat. It's funny, the rest of the world saw through it and most on TSPN were not hoodwinked. But there were a few who participated in "Group Think", aka "sheep" . They know who they are. I am not going to call any names. :mrt:

For the complete bi-partisan report: http://intelligence.senate.gov

Panel Describes Long Weakening of Hussein Army
By JOHN H. CUSHMAN Jr.

WASHINGTON, July 10 ? The Senate's report on prewar intelligence about Iraq, which asserts that warnings about its illicit weapons were largely unfounded and that its ties to Al Qaeda were tenuous, also undermines another justification for the war: that Saddam Hussein's military posed a threat to regional stability and American interests.

In a detailed discussion of Iraq's prewar military posture, the report cites a long series of intelligence reports in the decade before the war that described a formerly potent army's spiral of decay under the pressures of economic sanctions and American military pressure.

The main risks, these reports indicated, was the unpredictable nature of Mr. Hussein's government, especially in the face of possible American-led attacks. But the Senate Intelligence Committee called this analysis relatively weak.

The committee's report implies that opponents of the war were essentially correct when they argued that Iraq posed little immediate threat to the United States. Before the war, those who held this view, both in Congress and at the United Nations, argued that continued containment was a course preferable to invading Iraq. :shh: :swink:

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/11/i...partner=ALTAVISTA1&pagewanted=print&position=

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back