Greg Anthony: Kobe Better Than Michael!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayRob

TigaPaw
He said that he played against both, and although Michael was great, Michael didn't have the offensive arsenal that Kobe has and Skip Bayless agreed.
He said Kobe has more offensive weapons than any player he's ever seen.

WOW!!!

GR, you may have been right all along.

He said that he played against both, and although Michael was great, Michael didn't have the offensive arsenal that Kobe has and Skip Bayless agreed.

WOW!!!

His Opinion... I would have loved to have seen a matchup. I think Kobe's a better long range shooter (just a bit) and Jordan is a better defender (just a bit).

His Opinion... I would have loved to have seen a matchup. I think Kobe's a better long range shooter (just a bit) and Jordan is a better defender (just a bit).

Jordan and Kobe did matchup a few times at the end of M.J.'s career and the begining of Kobe's career. Jordan, obviously much older and wiser that Kobe at that time, schooled him. But Kobe is no doubt a great player. I don't know if he is better than Jordan right now, but Kobe is the best player in game right now.

IMO the difference is Jordan had more of a power game than Kobe, but Kobe has more of a finess game that Jordan. Kobe's finess game compare to Jordan is a better than Jordan's power game compared to Kobe.

WOW!!!

Go back in your room and finish playing with your Kobe Barbies bruh.... You are getting plain ridiculous.

:smh:

The NBA like JR explained don't know how to market the NBA right.. they try to promote one person rather promote the brand "NBA"...They say dumb isht like that in the hopes to draw more people to the game.. It really don't work...
You are too....:retard: to even undertand that though.

Please dont compare some player who got his first MVP award in his 10th year in the league with Mr. Jordan, who CARRIED his team to 6 titles in a row.

overall, Jordan, hands down, was way better and much more effective than kobe.

I tell ya, folks are quick to compare the latest flash in the pan to true greatness. :retard:

but then again, some folks would say that Nash is better than Magic.
:retard:

IMO the difference is Jordan had more of a power game than Kobe, but Kobe has more of a finess game that Jordan. Kobe's finess game compare to Jordan is a better than Jordan's power game compared to Kobe.

It ain't even about that.. Jordan didn't get looked at as the greatest based off of his game soley.. He got that status off of being consistant and putting his Team IN THE BEST POSITION year in year out.. this was shortly after Larry Bird and Magic was looked at as the "Greatest".. Yall don't find it comical one season after these greatest leave the game after making MANY achievements year in and year out they are ready to replace them?...lol

Jordan left the NBA with a VERY high basketball Iq...So it was very arguable he was the greatest to ever play. Kobe is great but he ain't as feared as Jordan was... Clutch time Jordan IQ was higher than what Kobe is at this point.... Jordan was going to either SCORE or For DAYUM sure get to the line 99.999% of the time. Kobe is close to it but it ain't what Jordan was by far..

Jordan used to lose games on purpose to come back to Chicago to win it at home.. Still don't know another NBA player so great they could shoot free throws with their eyes closed....

:)

Finess??? :lol: Jordan was finess when he first came into the league....He started posting up and relied on his J late in his career...

Finess??? :lol: Jordan was finess when he first came into the league....He started posting up and relied on his J late in his career...

It trips me out when folk try to take certain isht from Jordan.. Jordan was BASKETBALL... The man did it all.. ain't nothing no one player in the league right now is doing that Jordan didn't master...

Could Jordan have won with starters such as Chris Mihm, Luke Walton, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Just askin.

By the way, without Scottie Pippen, Jordan never got close to a championship. Funny, how people never mention that.

Please dont compare some player who got his first MVP award in his 10th year in the league with Mr. Jordan, who CARRIED his team to 6 titles in a row.

overall, Jordan, hands down, was way better and much more effective than kobe.

Micheal led the Bulls to two sets of 3 rings, not 6 in a row.

Kobe had the same problem as Jordan: he had to learn how to make the team around him better...which is why Magic Johnson was better than either of them. It took Kobe longer to appreciate how to do that AND the core unit around him went through a complete transition.

They are both great defenders (edge: Jordan)
Excellent shooters (edge: Bryant)
Great scorers (edge: Jordan)
Both egomanical hotheads and pains in the butt

Too close to call.

Actually Jordan relied on his post up game late in his career. Jordan had nowhere near the range and variety of shots that Kobe has right now.

Micheal led the Bulls to two sets of 3 rings, not 6 in a row.

Kobe had the same problem as Jordan: he had to learn how to make the team around him better...which is why Magic Johnson was better than either of them. It took Kobe longer to appreciate how to do that AND the core unit around him went through a complete transition.

They are both great defenders (edge: Jordan)
Excellent shooters (edge: Bryant)
Great scorers (edge: Jordan)
Both egomanical hotheads and pains in the butt

Too close to call.

It cracks me up when folks say this. A player can only do so much.
How can you make Kwame Brown, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and Brian Cook better? Two of those players are not even in the league anymore and Mihm hasn't played since the regular season and Cook, I don't know what happened to him.

Actually Jordan relied on his post up game late in his career. Jordan had nowhere near the range and variety of shots that Kobe has right now.

There go your drunken monkey attitude....

Jordan shot all around the court dumb arse... Got respect from any where on the court... Teams now don't mind making Kobe a jump shooter... No team felt comfortable making Jordan nothing... All defenders did their best to get in tight on Jordan... Learn basketball then talk... it's more to basketball than Kobe son.....:smh:

Who's opinion should I value more...

Someone that played against both on the highest level and has first hand knowledge...

or

a group of people that have only watched the game on a TV screen..

...hmmmm!!

Could Jordan have won with starters such as Chris Mihm, Luke Walton, Smush Parker and Kwame Brown? Just askin.
ummm,
what did kobe win with those starters???

and PLEASE don't try to act as if Pippen was the MVP of ANY of those title runs. He was 2nd fiddle, nothing more, nothing less.

All your ILUVKOBE tail need to know is Jordan never lost a Finals.....

:lol:

Who's opinion should I value more...

Someone that played against both on the highest level and has first hand knowledge...

or

a group of people that have only watched the game on a TV screen..

...hmmmm!!

The people that was actually WATCHING if the person that played against both of them didn't do a good job of defending BOTH.... :lol:

There go your drunken monkey attitude....

Jordan shot all around the court dumb arse... Got respect from any where on the court... Teams now don't mind making Kobe a jump shooter... No team felt comfortable making Jordan nothing... All defenders did their best to get in tight on Jordan... Learn basketball then talk... it's more to basketball than Kobe son.....:smh:

Dude, this is the sports board, so watch your language or be gone.

Learn basketball? And this coming from someone who said the Spurs were going to beat the Lakers?

Dude, Kobe sliced and diced perhaps the BEST defense in the league. He even frustrated Tim Duncan.
I never said Kobe was better than Jordan, but I wholeheartedly agree with him have a broader offensive package than Jordan.

ummm,
what did kobe win with those starters???

and PLEASE don't try to act as if Pippen was the MVP of ANY of those title runs. He was 2nd fiddle, nothing more, nothing less.

Whether Pippen was second fiddle or not, he's still considered one of the 50 greatest players of all time, and Jordan had him as a support player in each championship series.

Kobe doesn't have that luxury.

Dude, this is the sports board, so watch your language or be gone.

Learn basketball? And this coming from someone who said the Spurs were going to beat the Lakers?

Dude, Kobe sliced and diced perhaps the BEST defense in the league. He even frustrated Tim Duncan.
I never said Kobe was better than Jordan, but I wholeheartedly agree with him have a broader offensive package than Jordan.
Who are you Jaytard? What you going to do because I say you have a "drunken monkey" attitude about basketball?... It's clear you don't know much.. Now back to dressing your "MY KOBE"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back