Grammy-nominated rapper DMX dead at age 50

Dr. Phreeze

It is I...Yes it is...
Just heard the news. Earl Simmons better known as DMX has passed away. He was 50.

DMX

DMX, Swaggering but Troubled Rapper, Dies at 50​

A muscular and intense figure, he released a string of No. 1 albums that reflected his gritty past and featured a gruff and unmistakable lyrical style.

Earl Simmons, the snarling yet soulful rapper known as DMX, who had a string of No. 1 albums in the late 1990s and early 2000s but whose personal struggles eventually rivaled his lyrical prowess, died on Friday in White Plains, N.Y. He was 50.
His family announced the death in a statement. He had been on life support at White Plains Hospital after suffering what his family called “a catastrophic cardiac arrest” a week earlier.
“Earl was a warrior who fought till the very end,” the Simmons family said. “He loved his family with all of his heart, and we cherish the times we spent with him.”
On April 2, Mr. Simmons had a heart attack at his home in White Plains. In the days that followed, representatives for the rapper said he was in a coma and on life support “in a vegetative state.” Outside of the hospital, family and friends gathered with hundreds of fans, playing DMX’s music aloud and praying, holding up their arms in the shape of an X.

Yes sir. It's on the wire. Rest, DMX.

I read something from a family member who stated it wasn't illicit use of drugs which caused his heart-attack but rather he had a CV19 shot a day earlier. Do your own math.

Probably a reaction to the shot and whatever drugs was in his system or just a negative reaction to any medication he might have been on.

RIP

Prayers Praying For You GIF by MOODMAN

DMX has died a week after suffering a heart attack. He was 50.
The rapper and actor, born Earl Simmons, died at White Plains Hospital in New York on Friday, his family confirms to PEOPLE.
"We are deeply saddened to announce today that our loved one, DMX, birth name of Earl Simmons, passed away at 50 years old at White Plains Hospital with his family by his side after being placed on life support for the past few days," they wrote in a statement....

DMX dies of heart attack

This saddens me. His personal struggles were just too hard for him to overcome.

RIP Ruff-Ryder, the struggle is over.
That's the same thing I felt and not just DMX a lot of people had the struggle he had and lost. It's a shame man can invent something that can have such a hold of you, praying for his family in the loss

That's the same thing I felt and not just DMX a lot of people had the struggle he had and lost. It's a shame man can invent something that can have such a hold of you, praying for his family in the loss

And was introduced to it at such a young age through no fault of his own. He put his emotions and pain into his music which is why so many people universally love him (Josh Gordon is the pro version of DMX with his struggles on full display)

Top 10 rapper all time without a doubt

Yes sir. It's on the wire. Rest, DMX.

I read something from a family member who stated it wasn't illicit use of drugs which caused his heart-attack but rather he had a CV19 shot a day earlier. Do your own math.
We too scared to talk about that though as a people because most of us have bought into this idea and to get back to normal! Something just ain't right about any of this!

Back