grambling will be back to back national champe

love to hate

grambling will be back to back national champs and you know what that mean back to back swac champs. They are so loaded that its a shame how doug have all tha t talent on one team coach of the year two years in row ,much love to coach rob because the two mvp of last year team robert taylor and levi washington was rob recruite thanks coach for them because that this year swac mvp.:p :p :p

Shelt,

No smack intended! I feel your pain. You all did go undefeated and for that I offer my congratulations. Unfortunately, the fact that you are D2 is gonna make some place an "asterick" by your title.

As for me, if Sheridan named you BN Champs, I recognize you as such. However, I believe some publications also named GSU as the BNChamps.

Again, No smack because 12-0 is 12-0 and you even had some wins against D1AA. Maybe someday our schools will get to schedule a game! It won't settle last year, but it should be interesting nonetheless!

Good Luck!

We were Amercian Sports Wire Champions. Sheridan sucks.

The NCAA Division I Black College football poll, compiled by The American Sports Wire, with first-place votes, season record, total points and previous ranking: (through games of December 2)

NCAA DIVISION I BLACK COLLEGE POLL
Team Record Points

1. Grambling (22) (10-2) 149
2. Florida A&M (9-3) 90
3. Bethune-Cookman (9-2) 88
4. Delaware St (7-4) 86
5. North Carolina A&T (8-3) 80
6. Texas Southern (8-3) 78
7. Jackson St (7-4) 76
8. Southern (6-5) 75
9. Alabama A&M (7-5) 73
10. Hampton (7-4) 71

Mike Bigg,

I don't subscribe to the notion that being D1AA automatically makes you better than D2. Yes American Sports Wire Poll, a poll for HALF of BCF, ranked GSU #1 at the end of the Season, however several other polls including the Sheridan, and Black College Sports Page, polls which rank ALL of BCF named TU National Champions. Asterisk or no asterisk, The Hardware is in our trophy case. 2000 wasn't the first time a D2 team won the BCF National Championship.

GSUpertiger,

I bet you wouldn't have said Sheridan Sucked if they had named Grambling #1. Sour Grapes.

2000 is over, now its time for 2001

Originally posted by Shelt a 'Skegee Grad
GSUpertiger,

I bet you wouldn't have said Sheridan Sucked if they had named Grambling #1. Sour Grapes.

2000 is over, now its time for 2001

I would have for the simple fact that they would have included D-2 school below us.

See my post above. Don't claim to be champs of ALL of BCF, based on a poll that only ranks HALF of BCF.

NCAA DIVISION I BLACK COLLEGE POLL
Team Record Points

1. Grambling (22) (10-2) 149
2. Florida A&M (9-3) 90
3. Bethune-Cookman (9-2) 88
4. Delaware St (7-4) 86
5. North Carolina A&T (8-3) 80
6. Texas Southern (8-3) 78
7. Jackson St (7-4) 76
8. Southern (6-5) 75
9. Alabama A&M (7-5) 73
10. Hampton (7-4) 71

Plus what does it matter? Like I said before 2000 is over, its time for 2001. Good luck on your season.

Shelt,

Skegee could not hold a candle to Gram last year. I never like Sheridan (for the record). There is a fine line between D-IAA and D2 programs (BCF that is).

Originally posted by love to hate
They are so loaded that its a shame how doug have all tha t talent on one team coach of the year two years in row
Believe me after AAMU gets through with Grambling, they will be a load of chitty talent. Then folks will really call them Greatmess.:emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Skelt,

As I said, I understand your sentiments. I really do...but you have to understand that because your schedule is mostly D2 teams, it affects your ranking in the certain polls.

When GSU goes 13-0 in 2001 and receives the number one ranking among ALL D1AA schools, we will still not receive any votes in the D1 polls. That's just the way it goes.

In the meantime, we congratulate you for having the best BCF program in Alabama!

When GSU goes 13-0 in 2001 and receives the number one ranking among ALL D1AA schools, we will still not receive any votes in the D1 polls. That's just the way it goes

Of course you wouldn't. In terms of talent level, there is a huge difference between the highest levels of D1A, and D1AA. In terms of talent level, the Difference between D2 and D1AA is relatively small. Your advantage is that you can offer more scholarships, but since both D1AA, and D2 are allowed to split those scholarships, teams at both levels are able to get great players on their teams. Talent is talent ultimately. The team with the most talent (not scholarships) will win most head to head matchups.

GSUper Tiger,

Skegee could not hold a candle to Gram last year. I never like Sheridan (for the record). There is a fine line between D-IAA and D2 programs (BCF that is).

What are you basing this statement on? I hope not on the fact that you were D1AA and we are D2. That means zip to me. Like I said a good team is a good team at the D1AA/D2 level. Talent is talent. If we were to matchup last year, I don't know who would have won. I sure don't automatically assume GSU would have just because they're D1AA. Like you said there is a fine line between D2 and D1AA programs. That means there's not much difference (I don't think you meant to say that:) ).

Like you said there is a fine line between D2 and D1AA programs. That means there's not much difference (I don't think you meant to say that ).

Let me expound further. There is a fine line between the Prarie View's and Skegee's of the world. There is a fine line between Delaware State and Winston Salem State.

There line between Grambling and Skegee is as long as the Great Wall of China.

No smack, but we are back!

Back