Grambling vs. San Jose State

Status
Not open for further replies.
the world famed and the g-men are ready check out the new 2003-2004 edition on espn2 at 5pm saturday. the entire grambling half time show will be shown .

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
San Jose's marching band will not perform/be in attendance.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/6574667.htm

Posted on Wed, Aug. 20, 2003

Sellout possible for SJSU
BUT SCHOOL WON'T CASH IN WITH LITERACY CLASSIC (edited)
By Barry Witt
Mercury News

A potential sellout crowd will see Grambling State's football team and famous marching band Saturday when the Tigers visit San Jose State.

What the fans won't see is the Spartan Marching Band. That group wasn't invited to play.

As far as the Spartan band is concerned, band director Scott Pierson said he was told by university officials last February that Grambling's band alone would perform at halftime. Pierson said that he decided it was ``no big deal'' because he couldn't figure out a way to get his band prepared in time anyway, given that the game is being played the weekend before the school year begins.

``Normally, we don't have a complete band until after the end of the first week of school,'' Pierson said. ``We just wouldn't have had enough time to practice and sound like anything.''

I'll be there to check em out........
Will be in Cali and going to head to San Jose on sat for the game.

Originally posted by Fiyah
I'll be there to check em out........
Will be in Cali and going to head to San Jose on sat for the game.

So your leaving the keys to the SWAC page with Kenn??:lmao: Remember what happened to the band board in 2002:bawling:

Looks Good

Everything looks good! Everyone is in for a real a good show. I can't believe that they pulled it off in such a short time. As far as the football team, we will pray on that :)

So your leaving the keys to the SWAC page with Kenn??:lmao: Remember what happened to the band board in 2002:bawling:

He was given his warning earlier in the year to stay away from the band board.

Originally posted by Fiyah
He was given his warning earlier in the year to stay away from the band board.

Fiyah..I was good to see a familiar face in San Jose. You won't believe what happened to my SWAC Jersey. CLUE
It involves $200.00

Fiyah..I was good to see a familiar face in San Jose. You won't believe what happened to my SWAC Jersey. CLUE
It involves $200.00

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

I would have done the same thing, since I know how to get another one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back