Grambling to Hire Dr Scott as Athletic Director

It comes as no surprise to anyone that Dr. Trayvean Scott has been lured away from Southern. He is the consumate professional not to mention a very competent athletics adminmistrator. A few years ago, Langston University had offered him their AD's job, but SU managed to entice him to stay. The SU family knew that it was just a matter of time before he would leave. Our athletics administrators, our coaches, our band directors all continue to be in the eye shadows of other institutions, and that speaks positives about SU. Best wishes to SU alum, Dr. Trayvean Scott.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
198679945_2006499559503636_2633863630385413831_n.jpg

It comes as no surprise to anyone that Dr. Trayvean Scott has been lured aawy from Southen. He is the consumate professional not to mention a very competent athletics adminmiostrator. A few years ago, Langston University had offered him their AD's job, but SU managed to entice him to stay. The SU family knew that it was just a matter of time before he would leave. Our athletics administrators, our coaches, our band directors all continue to be in the eye shadows of other institutions, and that speaks positives about SU. Best wishes to SU alum, Dr. Trayvean Scott.
Yeah but to your in state rival ? Ouch boss.

There’s a long history of Southern sending people to help Grambling … from RWE Jones all the way through to now LOL
Yes, even their preceding A.D., Rusty Ponton, who has stepped aside to become university vice president. And don't forget that GSU's president, Rick Gallot, received his doctorate from SU.

There’s a long history of Southern sending people to help Grambling … from RWE Jones all the way through to now LOL
One key aspect you forgot is that when those Jags encounter Icon Grambling’s storied and rich tradition and reap the benefits of the Tiger venerable appeal nationally, they relinquish their Lacumba ties. Pres did it as well as Rusty.

Scott will go through a renaissance being a part of the Grambling experience. You cannot blame him for moving up to Lincoln Parish as he only was accustomed to being ordinary on the Bluff.

No doubt, he will be proclaiming “We are Grambling.” Once that Icon spirit gets in your veins - it becomes an innate response.

Last edited:
One key aspect you forgot is that when those Jags encounter Icon Grambling’s storied and rich tradition and reap the benefits of the Tiger venerable appeal nationally, they relinquish their Lacumba ties. Pres did it as well as Rusty.

Scott will go through a renaissance being a part of the Grambling experience. You cannot blame him for moving up to Lincoln Parish as he only was accustomed to being ordinary on the Bluff.

No doubt, he will proclaiming “We are Grambling.” Once that Icon spirit gets in your veins - it becomes an innate response.
Arrogant Jag response in 4...3..2..

This hire (Trayvean Scott} speaks to the historical indivisibility of HBCU's and in particular Southern and Grambling. We are "Our Brothers Keepers" and both universities can profess a "Glorious Past and very Promising Futures". I for one admire the steadfast commitment to the Core Values and Principles the founders envisioned for both institutions - so the interchanging of administrators and personnel only demonstrates the common challenges faced now and projected. Great hire!

To my Grambling Brothers - when the "ICON" is "parched" with thirst.........It knows to dip its cup in the Medicinal Waters of the University that has a "S" on its chest. The same "S" that Dr. Scott will continue to wear - on his "underwear"!

I’m happy for him! Collect that bag. He is a really good guy from my minimal conversations with him. Very stern, yet smart.

This hire (Trayvean Scott} speaks to the historical indivisibility of HBCU's and in particular Southern and Grambling. We are "Our Brothers Keepers" and both universities can profess a "Glorious Past and very Promising Futures". I for one admire the steadfast commitment to the Core Values and Principles the founders envisioned for both institutions - so the interchanging of administrators and personnel only demonstrates the common challenges faced now and projected. Great hire!

To my Grambling Brothers - when the "ICON" is "parched" with thirst.........It knows to dip its cup in the Medicinal Waters of the University that has a "S" on its chest. The same "S" that Dr. Scott will continue to wear - on his "underwear"!
As long as he leaves his pants on…

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
As SU alum and longtime GSU President, Dr. Ralph Waldo Emerson Jones, often would say when appearing before the Education Committee of the Louisiana Legislature, "I speak to you as a Southern alumnus, and as a Grambling administrator." Once a Jag, always a Jag! And your blood runs columbia blue and gold!

Last edited:

And they all keep their eye on the bright lights in the West 😂

Does this help bring upgrade in facilities to football? Also would he have a quick trigger with Fobbs?
I can tell you this: he brings a wealth of experience to GSU as he had his hands in every aspect of athletic administration at SU.

Back