Got Bread

Warndalyn

Postmaster General!!!
Very interesting......FYI

You learn something new everyday!!
> >
> > When you go to buy bread in the grocery store,
> > have you ever wondered which is the freshest,
> > so you "squeeze" for freshness or softness.
> > Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the
> > stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday,
> > Thursday, Friday and Saturday. And each day
> > has a different color twist tie. They are:
> > Monday - Blue
> > Tuesday - Green
> > Thursday - Red
> > Friday - White
> > Saturday - Yellow
> >
> > So today being Thursday, I wanted a red twist tie
> > --not white which is Friday (almost a week old?)
> > The colors go alphabetically by color Blue
> > Green - Red - White - Yellow, Monday thru Saturday.
> > Very easy to remember. But I put a post-it
> > note in my wallet when I first found out about this
> > so I would not forget. Enjoy fresh bread when you
> > buy bread with the right color on the day you
> > are shopping.

Awww get out of here.. For real?

Are you the Sunbeam girl? (a darker version of course, in the neighborHOOD stores)

Originally posted by Bengal E
Awww get out of here.. For real?

Are you the Sunbeam girl? (a darker version of course, in the neighborHOOD stores)

LOL @ Bengal E

DTown,
This is what happens when you try to offer a little uncommon knowledge. ;)

Great post D-town......

But did you also know :

There's a certain presentation for stocking bread?

The store does not dictate the # of loaves to be delivered , but only the space?

Breadmen have to be @ work @ 4am and don't get off until around 6pm or later, depending on their route??

The bread that's left behind on the breadman's off days(wed and sun), has to be picked up and DEDUCTED from his commission for the quarter?

That on average a bread truck carries 1,000-3000 loaves of bread???

That delivering bread is a great way to lose weight and build muscles???

Ask me how I know????
?
?
?
?
?

That was my FIRST job in the ATL., b\c a brother didn't know the processes of getting a job in my graduated field......Didn't have any resources or advice on the Atlanta scene, so the first 6 months was rough until I got on with Bellsouth!!!

Man that brought back painful memories....rain, shine, sleet or snow, I gotta deliver this bread to EVERY Sto'-!!!

Dude for real? bread men work 16 hr days on comission? O MY!

Hey were you of the guys on the Ironkids wrapper? Or the dude on the Roman Meal wrapper?

I buy my bread at the day old store. Freeze it and toast it. Taste the same to me. Wanna sandwich? :)

I also buy generic corn flakes and put them in a old Kellogs box so my family won't know. (I guess they still haven't noticed Carl Lewis on the Box)

I buy the kids sneakers at K-mart and paste a Nike swoosh on them.

Originally posted by AAMU Big Dawg
I buy my bread at the day old store. Freeze it and toast it. Taste the same to me. Wanna sandwich? :)

I also buy generic corn flakes and put them in a old Kellogs box so my family won't know. (I guess they still haven't noticed Carl Lewis on the Box)

I buy the kids sneakers at K-mart and paste a Nike swoosh on them.

AAMU Big Dawg,
You're killing me today! Stop it!

Little AAMU Big Dawg will be recording a parents just don't understand song in a few years...:p

This is good info.

Big Dawg, I tried that trick of buying the generic Fruit Loops on my 2 year old. He took one spoonful, picked up the bowl and threw it in the garbage.

Some generic cereals just don't cut it.

LMAO @ AAMU Big Dawg getting his penny-pinching on.

Jag03,

Man, your job sounds just as strenuous as working at UPS. Talk about weight loss.....man, folks thought I was on that stuff, for real !!! LMAO

Dtown,

Thanks for the knowledge. The next time I'm in Wally World, I can show my azz !!! I don't think Shanka will like that though, but I can get my knowledge on.

Re: Great post D-town......

:eek: Whoa, that was deep! It brought back painful memories, do you need a hug;)?

-Dtown
Good look'n out...:)
Originally posted by JAG03
But did you also know :

There's a certain presentation for stocking bread?

The store does not dictate the # of loaves to be delivered , but only the space?

Breadmen have to be @ work @ 4am and don't get off until around 6pm or later, depending on their route??

The bread that's left behind on the breadman's off days(wed and sun), has to be picked up and DEDUCTED from his commission for the quarter?

That on average a bread truck carries 1,000-3000 loaves of bread???

That delivering bread is a great way to lose weight and build muscles???

Ask me how I know????
?
?
?
?
?

That was my FIRST job in the ATL., b\c a brother didn't know the processes of getting a job in my graduated field......Didn't have any resources or advice on the Atlanta scene, so the first 6 months was rough until I got on with Bellsouth!!!

Man that brought back painful memories....rain, shine, sleet or snow, I gotta deliver this bread to EVERY Sto'-!!!

Don't be mad...

Sorry to bring this back up...but question...what about Wednesday? Is it because they do not deliver bread on Wednesday?

I like enriched bread!!!!!!:p you know th kind they have at tailgates!!!!!

I hate wheat.....maybe I will digg it when I get older:eek:

I buy my light bread on Senior Citizen Day (Tuesday) at the discount store. I get half price off the stale price.

Back