Gospel Choir

oldgymlgnd

OLDGYMLGND
A&M Gospel Choir Tops, Wins Seven!

Huntsville, Ala. ---- The A&M Gospel Choir of Alabama A&M University won seven (7) awards during the 2007 International School Gospel Choir Olympics hosted by the Black Music Caucus of New York in Brooklyn, N.Y.

The awards include Most Outstanding Student Male Soloist (Andre Maxwell), Most Outstanding Processional Recessional, Most Outstanding Accompanied Gospel Selection, Most Outstanding Chorographed Selection, Most Outstanding Original Composition, Most Outstanding Student Director (Michael G. Marshall) and the top prize of Most Outstanding Accapella Gospel Selection.

These categories combined gave the A&M Gospel Choir the title of Most Outstanding College Gospel Choir in the Nation.

?The A&M Gospel Choir thanks President Robert R. Jennings and the Greater New York Alumni Chapter, family, friends (who attended the events) and church families that made their 2007 College Gospel Tour a great success,? said Michael G. Marshall, director. ?The event culminated with top honors, bringing the spotlight and national attention to the musical talents Alabama A&M University students possess.?

For more information about the phenomenal choir, call (256) 755-6123.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ive never been a fan of judging GOSPEL choirs in a competition.... It should be a SHOWCASE not a competition.

man i heard the choir on this tour when they came to Atlanta(Decatur), i was in disbelief, i had no idea they were that good. they deserved every one of those awards they got. congrats Normalites!!!! :jump:

man i heard the choir on this tour when they came to Atlanta(Decatur), i was in disbelief, i had no idea they were that good. they deserved every one of those awards they got. congrats Normalites!!!! :jump:

.....which reminds me to get their CD from my mom.

Moms purchased their CD when they performed at my church.

Congrats A&M Gospel Choir! :tup:

"Snake"

.....which reminds me to get their CD from my mom.

Moms purchased their CD when they performed at my church.

Congrats A&M Gospel Choir! :tup:

"Snake"

that's where i saw them, at your church. you know Monieka is in the Gospel Choir, and they performed the weekend of DeeDee and Monroe's wedding. i had to take her to the church, so i decided i'd go to show support, which i'm glad i did cause they were awesome! btw, Pastor Smith is on FIAAAAAA!!! :tup:

Good Deal Congrats.....

I also miss those days in SUIGC......While I was President, we attended a National Gospel Competition in Houston, Tx. of course we won the Grand Prize..........

Good Deal Congrats.....

I also miss those days in SUIGC......While I was President, we attended a National Gospel Competition in Houston, Tx. of course we won the Grand Prize..........

Was Reginald Collins still the director?

Was Reginald Collins still the director?

Mane Square You Know Reg aint going no where...........this was in 2000
Boy did I have some interesting times:nod: :nod: :nod:
Them Altos some freaks.......:lmao: :lmao:

I was just :lol: @ Reggie, this past Easter Sunday...he's so funny to me, the way he gets all into the directing.

Congrats AAMU! :tup:

I plead the 5th.:winkgrin:

Good Deal Congrats.....

Yep Yep sure did!! We also got fussed at for going swimming every night!! lol

O the days! We were so good....Man Holy Spirit would move a place....the Lord is blessing me...we were sooooo good...
But congrats AAMU!!

And judging a gospel competition is fine to ME. You still need to sound good, look good, KNOW how to sing correctly. Just a regular competition...It's not like they are giving awards for most SPIRITED or religious or anything

Exactly Redd......The competition is judged on Vocal Sound, Performance(Still is a group....Stage Presence is Essential), Uniformity, Best Soloist...............Not Based on Spirituality......If its Genuine you'll know.....To God be the Glory...

Redd We got in trouble for several things during that Trip....:hat:
Great Time though... Got to meet some great people from across the Country...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back