GOP dealt stiff blow in Senate's bid to repeal 'Obamacare'

Olde Hornet

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...geting-obamacare/ar-AAoTF7i?OCID=ansmsnnews11

A key vote to defeat the measure was cast by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who returned to the Senate this week after receiving a diagnosis of brain cancer. In an impassioned speech the day he returned, McCain had called for bipartisanship on major issues of national concern, and a return to the "regular order" of legislating by committee.

Three Republicans joined with all Democrats to reject the amendment, which would have repealed a mandate that most individuals get health insurance and suspended a requirement that large companies provide coverage to their employees. It would have also delayed a tax on medical devices and denied funding to Planned Parenthood for a year.

The final vote was 49-51. Republicans Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine joined McCain in voting no.

The amendment was a last resort for Senate Republicans to pass something — anything — to trigger negotiations with the House.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...geting-obamacare/ar-AAoTF7i?OCID=ansmsnnews11

A key vote to defeat the measure was cast by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., who returned to the Senate this week after receiving a diagnosis of brain cancer. In an impassioned speech the day he returned, McCain had called for bipartisanship on major issues of national concern, and a return to the "regular order" of legislating by committee.

Funny how peoples views of things change when they are facing their own mortality....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Funny how peoples views of things change when they are facing their own mortality....

Or you realize who you have to go back to when it's election time. Trump isn't facing all those folks who use the programs that he wants gone. He lucked out many voted straight ticket than spend time to go down the ballot and vote differently.

McCain came from death's door to put this vote in. You had to think he would stick to trump after that foolishness trump said about him. I'm enjoying this show. Getting wilder and wilder

He has had that view. He would vote for a new bill if he trusted his fellow Republicans. But he don't. LOL. McCain aint worried about his own mortality. Dude knew he was sick just finally had to tell everybody. He's 80 years old. Apparently for months he has told them dumb mofos they can't do this by themselves without any Demo support. But they didn't want to listen.

McCain did what I thought he would. Pull the rug from under Trump. Yall think that old head forgot that Trump said Heroes don't get caught. He still aint a fan of Obamacare as they call it. But he knows it needs repairing not total gutting and repeal. Especially with a one sided agenda. Those Lady Senators know that too. Bernie Sanders knew McCain was going to do what he did. Apparently he leaned over to his fellow Senator and said watch this when McCain was getting ready to vote. This was a complete set up on McCain's part. He voted for the bill to be debated on the floor with no intentions on voting yes. This was his F-you Trump.

McCain will be death within a year...there is no re-election for him...this is his Hail Mary, Finally got some balls, gonna tell the truth and right my wrongs before I leave Earth going on here...

Even if he wasn't dying. He was going to do this. He just got re-elected. He would not be due to run until 2022. That's exactly what Lisa Murasky of Alaska told Trump dumb ass. She was like aint nothing you can do to me. I don't run again until 2022. 2 years after the next Presidential Election. Once McCain got re-elected. I knew he was going to be a thorn in Trump's side. McCain does not like that dude at all. You can see it.

Back