Good Fats

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Do you get your omega fatty acids from actually eating fish or do you take supplements? Cooking fish even every few days is a pain in the you-know-what. What are the best sources of omega-3? thanks.

Hmmmm, I ate at Captain D's Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday nights - so hopefully I got some from those meals. :uhoh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think cooking fish is pretty simple. I eat fish 2-3 times per week. I purchase salmon already seasoned from the seafood department at my local Kroger grocery store and I prepare it in the oven, about 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Sometimes I purchase the frozen salmon fillets and prepare it the same way, except I season it up myself.

I also purchase catfish fillets and pan fry them with some lemon pepper. Serve those bad boys with some boiled red potatoes and a green salad and you have a quick & easy meal.

Another option is to purchase tilapia. Season with lemon pepper or Tony Chachere's and fold in a foil pouch with some cut yellow and orange bellpeprs. Place in oven for 10 minutes, check for doneness. Cook longer if necessary. Serve with steamed asparagus.

I have no problem with getting fish in my diet on a weekly basis.

Another option is to purchase tilapia. Season with lemon pepper or Tony Chachere's and fold in a foil pouch with some cut yellow and orange bellpeprs. Place in oven for 10 minutes, check for doneness. Cook longer if necessary.
Hmm, I love peppers - all colors. Sound good and easy to make. I might just try it one day.

I think cooking fish is pretty simple. I eat fish 2-3 times per week. I purchase salmon already seasoned from the seafood department at my local Kroger grocery store and I prepare it in the oven, about 20 minutes on 350 degrees. Sometimes I purchase the frozen salmon fillets and prepare it the same way, except I season it up myself.

I also purchase catfish fillets and pan fry them with some lemon pepper. Serve those bad boys with some boiled red potatoes and a green salad and you have a quick & easy meal.

Another option is to purchase tilapia. Season with lemon pepper or Tony Chachere's and fold in a foil pouch with some cut yellow and orange bellpeprs. Place in oven for 10 minutes, check for doneness. Cook longer if necessary. Serve with steamed asparagus.

I have no problem with getting fish in my diet on a weekly basis.

I was automatically thinking cleaning fish because i bass fish a lot,, :eek: you right, the fillettes in stores now is so convenient. don't do it much, but I have smoked samon fillettes on my little Weber Grill like this chicken and they come out surprisingly good.

View attachment 3028

View attachment 3027

I love to smoke chicken and fish, but that's too time consuming unless you do a big batch to last a few days.

that tilapia recipe sounds good and quick also like the pan fried catfish

I was automatically thinking cleaning fish because i bass fish a lot,, :eek: you right, the fillettes in stores now is so convenient. don't do it much, but I have smoked samon fillettes on my little Weber Grill like this chicken and they come out surprisingly good.

View attachment 3028

View attachment 3027

I love to smoke chicken and fish, but that's too time consuming unless you do a big batch to last a few days.

that tilapia recipe sounds good and quick also like the pan fried catfish

Oh no, I'm not cleaning fish. :smh: Not the kid! But, if you fish a lot I do understand why it would be a lot of trouble.

I love fish on the grill! :tup:

Oh no, I'm not cleaning fish. :smh: Not the kid! But, if you fish a lot I do understand why it would be a lot of trouble.

I love fish on the grill! :tup:

yeah, especially growing up when we did the cane pole fishing. :emlaugh: You kept EVERYTHING, which meant somebody had to clean em. The elderly black ladies be sittin' on them plastic cans with hats on,, if they catch a minnow, they keeping it and it's going into some hot grease! used to fry small ones whole and make fish sandwiches(sammiches). :emlaugh: That's why I'm glad i got into bass fishing. Most of the time you don't fatally injure bass when you catch them so you can "catch and release" and don't have to worry about cleaning them, unless you fish with my Pops and brother who's from the old school and don't believe in throwing NOTHING back,,, but yet don't want to clean em!

oh man, you ain't lieing, i could grill or smoke fish and chicken almost every day if time permitted. would like to do brisket and boston butt but have no clue as to how. The only thing i do a lot in place of grilling is veggies and chicken, fish or shrimp in the wok. the wok is great too, although a skillet and hot olive oil will do,,

View attachment 3030

I love fish, but it's not something I eat that often...I have it more during the spring/summer months, but I don't eat it on a weekly basis or anything like that.

Back