Girl killed by internet friend

S

Sonic98

A young girl went to meet someone she met on on-line and was brutally murdered. Whose job is it to protect kids from things like this?

She shouldn't have been out meeting people from the internet at such a young age in the first place. Why do people always want to place the blame of some f'd up ish on something else. Parents need to know what their kids are up to. I'm sure they'll be suing AOL for 10 million.

Originally posted by Sonic98
A young girl went to meet someone she met on on-line and was brutally murdered. Whose job is it to protect kids from things like this?

Originally posted by Misconduct
Blu she was only 13. Where in the L' was her parents.

Don't know, but it's possible they did all they could to provide a safe environment for their child. There is a chance that they had parental controls on their home computer, which could filter some contact, but not all. Also children have access to computers at their friends homes, school computer labs, library computer labs, stores, etc. Unfortunately, the child made some poor choices, more than likely without her parents knowledge, and paid with her life.

Maybe my concerns would be with the parents if she was younger. You can't blame the parents for everything. Parents cannot watch their children 24/7!!!

We all remember 13, it's was the "leaving the nest" age. Going to the mall, hanging out etc, but nothing extreme. Would I let my 13 year old go to the mall by herself? That's questionable, esp. in this day and time. The parents can monitor what's goes on in their home and to a certain level outside the home.

Take the Benet child for example.

Originally posted by BluBlood
You can't blame the parents for everything. Parents cannot watch their children 24/7!!!

The parents can monitor what's goes on in their home and to a certain level outside the home.

TRAGIC AND TRUE!
But if a parent wants to discipline a child by spanking, thoses "time-out" having freaks will call child protective services.

I don't know how they let a 13 year old just run off and meet someone late at night. But Kids try to grow up so fast yet don't make mature decisions

Back