Get Read is now mad....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh is that right Smoothie....well thanx for clearing that up.

GR, didn't I tell you to hush boy?

Yes, lets get back to football ....

Grambling and J-State, let's see these receivers that are supposed to exploited everybody ....

What the hell have they done? Well .... let's see.

Grambling returners

Douglas -- 231 yds.
Anderson -- 155 yds.
Everyone else, under 100 yds. (Not many)
(Combo of 4 TD's)

Grambling Losses

Spears -- 723 yds.
Washington -- 651 yds.
Shanklin -- 248 yds.
Highshaw -- 221 yds.
(Combo of 18 TD's)

Jackson State returners

Manning -- 581 yds.
Goss (maybe, if MLB doesn't take him) -- 254 yds.
Jones -- 178 yds. (This is GR's next big thing.)
(Everyone else under 100 yds.) (Again, not many)
(Combo of 9 TD's)

Jackson State losses
Taylor -- 1234 yds.
Story -- 831 yds.
Jacobs -- 292 yds.
(TE)Travis -- 345 yds.
(Combo of 21 TD's)

and, just to be fair ....

Southern returners
Plain -- 261 yds.
Joubert -- 291 yds.
Bridges -- 213 yds.
Ard -- 189 yds.
(Under 100)
Joseph -- 70 yds.
Hayes -- 27 yds.
(Combo of 5 TD's)

Southern Losses
D. Lewis -- 871 yds.
Gallien -- 10 yds.
(Combo of 6 TD's, all Lewis)

Okay, if you can't see that Southern has more returning depth than the rest of you, you need your eyes checked.

Grambling loses 4 and only has 2 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Jackson State loses 4 (possiblity of 5 with Goss) and has 3 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Southern loses 2 and has (for the sake of argument) 4 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Wouldn't that be logical GR?
;)

Goss is gone but Jacobs is not. With Taylor and Story on the team we had to have backups. :rolleyes: Jones had very little PT last year. But so did Story, Morris, Guy, and others when they were Fr and So's.

Everyone can't start. The thing is that our SYSTEM will produce the numbers. It always has. It always will.

Originally posted by SU Jag 79
Yes, lets get back to football ....

Grambling and J-State, let's see these receivers that are supposed to exploited everybody ....

What the hell have they done? Well .... let's see.

Grambling returners

Douglas -- 231 yds.
Anderson -- 155 yds.
Everyone else, under 100 yds. (Not many)
(Combo of 4 TD's)

Grambling Losses

Spears -- 723 yds.
Washington -- 651 yds.
Shanklin -- 248 yds.
Highshaw -- 221 yds.
(Combo of 18 TD's)

Jackson State returners

Manning -- 581 yds.
Goss (maybe, if MLB doesn't take him) -- 254 yds.
Jones -- 178 yds. (This is GR's next big thing.)
(Everyone else under 100 yds.) (Again, not many)
(Combo of 9 TD's)

Jackson State losses
Taylor -- 1234 yds.
Story -- 831 yds.
Jacobs -- 292 yds.
(TE)Travis -- 345 yds.
(Combo of 21 TD's)

and, just to be fair ....

Southern returners
Plain -- 261 yds.
Joubert -- 291 yds.
Bridges -- 213 yds.
Ard -- 189 yds.
(Under 100)
Joseph -- 70 yds.
Hayes -- 27 yds.
(Combo of 5 TD's)

Southern Losses
D. Lewis -- 871 yds.
Gallien -- 10 yds.
(Combo of 6 TD's, all Lewis)

Okay, if you can't see that Southern has more returning depth than the rest of you, you need your eyes checked.

Grambling loses 4 and only has 2 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Jackson State loses 4 (possiblity of 5 with Goss) and has 3 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Southern loses 2 and has (for the sake of argument) 4 major replacements before their recruiting class.

Wouldn't that be logical GR?
;)

Dude, do you really know what you are talking about? Nothing about what you posted makes any sense!

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

Dude, do you really know what you are talking about? Nothing about what you posted makes any sense!

It wouldn't make sense ..... to a Gramblinite that doesn't want to stare the truth in the face!

I gotta agree with SOG on this one. Your theory is very weak. It doesnt take into account that these are people not robots. I ask Diesel to show me these hot rec yall have coming back to support his "returning theory." Using his theory, Hayes is not going to do anything this year cause he only had 24 yards receiveing last year.

To top it all off.....your QB is not good. Please take that into consideration when you start bragging on your passing game. I know you think that the dink and dunk method of passing doesnt open him up to have to make plays, but more than likely he is going to have to do something in the passing game. Sooner or later, its going to be on his shoulders. Your weak link is your QB...face it. He hasnt been on the sideline all this time for nothing. Pete is a god in BR. Consider that your god has been hiding this kid all this time. There must be a reason.

You are going to have to rebuild off the shoulders of someone else. This kid aint it.

OK GR, if Richard is the weak link then do you not think Pete will not hesitate to remove him? One thing I will give Pete, he always has someone lurking in the weeds to push a starter at QB if they do not play well. Richard has earned the starter's role and just because you down him for 1 game he started, does not mean he can not play. He sat on the bench behind Levy and Troy for his fresman year. We redshirted him his Soph year and last year he lost out to Fisher for second string and it was a tossup from all reports. Also you have to realize it was Orlando who moved Fisher ahead of Richard last year and put a highly touted Ricks in the doghouse. Now that Orlando is gone and Pete has mandated that he wants to run the ball, things are back to the way they used to be before Orlando got too pass happy. Just like never using Elvis Joseph right in our Offense. So in saying that. Pete didn't hide these kids. Now they are getting their chance to shine. Even Ricks is back in the mix this year since Orlando is gone. You will see a difference.

Remember Randall had Sam George overlooking his shoulder. Jacoby had Sam when he came back from sitting a year out. Troy had Levy. Pete will show deference to the veteran, but make no mistake about it, if your theory proves right(not like they have before) then another QB you have no clue about or think we don't have will step in and do the job if Richard fails. Just like someone would have too if your boy Kent gets hurt. You should never count on just one player to lead you to the promise land. Remember Trent Dilfer and Kerry Collins sad azzes played in the SB while some All-World Qbs sat their stat happy azzes at home. Kinda of remind you of somebody we know huh? ~snicker~

What I think my fellow Jag is saying ...

is this...

There is parity in our receiving corps. Who are you gonna double? He only states the stats as requested. Hayes had 24 yards in the game against Northwestern St. by the time he was injured and when he came out in the 2nd half. Anybody should see the relevance here!

I gotta agree with SOG on this one. Your theory is very weak. It doesnt take into account that these are people not robots. I ask Diesel to show me these hot rec yall have coming back to support his "returning theory." Using his theory, Hayes is not going to do anything this year cause he only had 24 yards receiveing last year.

Certainly, many passes were made with the long ball, but everyone knows that Levy wasn't the world's best on the long ball either. Richard has the stronger arm and has been working on timing and accuracy.

So who needs to throw long when the post and the hitch and the slants are working, again I say, no I plead, who you gonna stop because when we get tired of running, we dayum sure will be throwing at will!!!!

JR

Dilfer and Collins had great defenses to carry them......Richard doesnt. What do I care about someone that is backing up Richard. The fact that he is Reeshards back up says it all. Man please.

And it amazes me how you simply brush off the loss of that Shannon kid at LB.

Is it possible for all the SP members to sit together at the game this year? Why dont we all just buy a block of tickets and have a great time at the game? hmmmmm

Re: What I think my fellow Jag is saying ...

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard
is this...

There is parity in our receiving corps. Who are you gonna double? He only states the stats as requested. Hayes had 27 yards in the game against Northwestern St. by the time he was injured and when he came out in the 2nd half. Anybody should see the relevance here!

Certainly, many passes were made with the long ball, but everyone knows that Levy wasn't the world's best on the long ball either. Richard has the stronger arm and has been working on timing and accuracy.

So, if the post and the hitch and the slants are working, again I say, no I plead, who you gonna stop because when we get tired of running, we dayum sure will be throwing at will!!!!

Again I ask.....where did these blazin recs come from? Where were they last year? Why didnt they just tear it up before? How have the become so great all of a sudden? Who said anything about doubling your WRs? All you have to play is a zone....especially since your QB is not that accurate. And when did Reeshard become such a gret passer? Was it before or after Spring training? It musta been after spring training since he sucked during the spring.

That's not a bad idea!!!

I'm down for that one GR, but I'll have to send the wife and kid to sit with the in-laws because I wanna talk nuffin' but pure isht!!!

Only make ONE promise... don't do the typical JSU thing and leave with 5 minutes left in the game when you're gettin' yo azzes SMOKED!!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Originally posted by Get Ready
JR

Dilfer and Collins had great defenses to carry them......Richard doesnt. What do I care about someone that is backing up Richard. The fact that he is Reeshards back up says it all. Man please.

And it amazes me how you simply brush off the loss of that Shannon kid at LB.

Is it possible for all the SP members to sit together at the game this year? Why dont we all just buy a block of tickets and have a great time at the game? hmmmmm

GR,
Do you realize Shannon didn't play much until late in the year after Jabari Greene got hurt. Do you realize that Chris Cooper was the leading tackler? Man please. Shannon Smith could play no doubt. But SU has had to play without him so much the last 2 years due to injury and being in Pete's doghouse a couple of times that he was lucky he got to play last year. Chapman will be missed more than Smith. The Starting LBs last until the after the A&M game were Greene, Chapman and Cooper. Guess what 2 of those 3 are back with several other guys who played once Greene got hurt and Cooper went in the last couple of games. So stop actin like you know something about our LB corp. Pete is not worried at all about the LBs. But you JSU and you should be. Kent will feel the same type of pain he felt last year. This time it will be worser. Count on it.

Re: Re: What I think my fellow Jag is saying ...

Again I ask.....where did these blazin recs come from? Where were they last year? Why didnt they just tear it up before? How have the become so great all of a sudden? Who said anything about doubling your WRs? All you have to play is a zone....especially since your QB is not that accurate. And when did Reeshard become such a gret passer? Was it before or after Spring training? It musta been after spring training since he sucked during the spring.

GR,
Where did you hear that Richard did not have a good spring? How did he suck? On one hand you guys were on here saying our defense was sad for letting Richard light them up and now all of the sudden Richard sucked in the Spring. Man you worser than the band fan right about now. Just worry about JSU and leave us Jags out of it. Let you tell it we don't even need to suit up this year.:rolleyes:

JD

Not to disappoint you, but I dont talk isht during the game........ Not my style......I just want to watch the game and look at your face when Chris Jones catches his 3rd TD.

JR

Keep minimizing.....I hope you feel better. And you say I pacify Mafia members. You talk a lot of stuff about things you havent laid your own eyes on.

I know losing this person and that person doesnt hurt SU cause yall so deep and your defense cant be penetrated. And oh yeah....yall hurt Kent so bad til he could barely score 2 TDs in the 4th.

Get Ready,
You didn't read my post. You couldn't have. My post did not address what we had or didn't have. I have learned better than to tell you what we are packing because it will never compare to anything you have if we let you tell it. So that's a moot point.

You are always bragging about what you have and I can't see it.

What receiver on your team is worth fearing? There is nothing on the books to believe JSU has anything other than Kent. Manning? Caught all of his passes against Valley and Alabama State. Goss did right to play baseball. He did all of his best work on kick-off returns and against Tennesse State. You have nothing and you know it. Show me why we should fear anything.
Your running game is none existent. You may have great running backs but you have no proof. If you can't run the ball at all with against defenses set to stop the pass, you running game is pitiful.

You claim your defense is improved. It has to, there is no where from the botton but up. Darrion Conner and Jackie Walker send help or hide your faces. You know why your defense looked so good in spring practice. It was because you offense sucked. Kent didn't have time to pass and noboby was open when he did.

Its time to face it boy, its over for you and your foolish talk. Don't try and over analyze what I said this time.

We are going to beat the brakes off of your piss poor squad and then watch you take out the frustration of your 0-4 start on MVSU.

Re: That's not a bad idea!!!

Originally posted by Jaguar Diehard
I'm down for that one GR, but I'll have to send the wife and kid to sit with the in-laws because I wanna talk nuffin' but pure isht!!!

Only make ONE promise... don't do the typical JSU thing and leave with 5 minutes left in the game when you're gettin' yo azzes SMOKED!!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

hmmm, I don't recall us leaving the last two years we played you guys........I wonder why???

JD

Not to disappoint you, but I dont talk isht during the game........ Not my style......I just want to watch the game and look at your face when Chris Jones catches his 3rd TD.

JR

Keep minimizing.....I hope you feel better. And you say I pacify Mafia members. You talk a lot of stuff about stuff you havent laid your own eyes on.

I know losing this person and that person doenst hurt SU cause yall so deep and your defense cant be penetrated. And oh yeah....yall hurt Kent so bad til he could barely score 2 TDs in the 4th.

GR,
Who said I didn't see any Spring Practices. Are you now monitering everytime I go to BR. I do go quite often , no matter how far away I am. Unlike you, where you are probably over on Lynch or Dalton street watching every move JSU makes. That's good. But do not underestimate what I have seen at SU. It doesn't matter anyway. You don't even listen to the Jags who are just like you and live in the city of their school and do see what is going on every day. Lewis, Jagster, Jaguar D, SU 79 and others have tried to tell you, but you will not listen. Just go ahead an post your "Damn All Yall" statement now. Believe me you will be using it quite a bit this year. :lmao:

Actually JD

Manning had a better day against SU in the rain than he did against Valley or TnSU. Dont let a small thing like the facts get in the way when you post dude. And you are right.....the school that is a factory for NFL WRs doesnt have one this year. What are we going to do?

JR
You are right. No matter what you say, I cant get the image of that piss poor looking QB in the BC out of my head. Everytime I think about it, I laugh. This is the dude you want to present as your savior? This dude? He looked like a new born dear...shakey legs....caught in head lights..........plus isnt he a senior? If so, thats even worse. The dude completed one fluke pass where the Gram defender took the wrong angle and a 5 yard pass became a 80 yard TD.

SO JR ......you got me. I stand accused.....and Im guilty. Til you get a respectable QB, you gets no props from me.

....please post...."the QB position is not that important in our offense" over here------------->

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back