Georgia Tech football game during 1918 pandemic

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
safe_image.php

Reactions: EB
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I've been having this argument on twitter with one of the clemson sports radio host here in south carolina for over a month now. They posted this and were like, if they could do this in 1918 we can do it now, and we have medical advances. My reply was a simple one and they never responded... 675,000 americans died in the 1918 flu pandemic. what are we advocating for? go ahead and play, wear the mask and we'll just live with many more dead?

This pandemic is NOTHING like the flu. We STILL don't know all the ways this spreads or what lasting effects it may have. Look at the young kids that are developing other symptoms from this virus.

Yeah they only played 7 games that year.... 5 against actual college football teams. Started in October. And the 2nd wave hit in October/November/December and was worse than the first wave.

I've been having this argument on twitter with one of the clemson sports radio host here in south carolina for over a month now. They posted this and were like, if they could do this in 1918 we can do it now, and we have medical advances. My reply was a simple one and they never responded... 675,000 americans died in the 1918 flu pandemic. what are we advocating for? go ahead and play, wear the mask and we'll just live with many more dead?

but yet we have people in the SWAC conference saying we should start the season in October when the 2nd wave is likely to begin....folks will be on their deathbed barely can breathe without a ventilator cause they jus haddddd to attend a SWAC football game in a PANDEMIC...makes a whole lotta sense huh lol smh

Last edited by a moderator:
Back