Georgia man bags biggest alligator in state history on hunting trip

EB

I am usually posting something on college football on a day like this. Anyway, this was caught in SW Georgia. The Ofeeknofee Swamp, legendary for its alligators, is in the southeast part of the state.

I think that a 15-foot gator was caught on the Alabama side of this lake a few years ago.

----------

Georgia man bags biggest alligator in state history on hunting trip

Sept 06, 2019
By Shaddi Abusaid, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Georgia man may have gotten more than he bargained for when he bagged a 14-foot alligator on a recent hunting trip.

Derrick Snelson knew the gator was big, but it wasn’t until he got it into his boat that he realized just how big, Channel 2 Action News reported.
The alligator was 14 feet, 1¾ inches, and it weighed 700 pounds.

Snelson, who lives in Meriwether County, was hunting on Lake Eufala in Quitman County when he caught the gator, according to Channel 2.

I just do not understand how people gets pleasure out of killing animals like this. Like that is something to be proud of. That alligator was out there in the swamp, not bothering anybody. Why couldn't they have taken a picture of him and let him go?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Lower Alabama ..the blackbelt on down in some parts is infested with gators..the Alabama River is a good example of how they have taken over.

White men are destructive. They will drive anything to extinct.

I hope you are not saying that all white men are destructive. But I get your point. It made absolutely no sense for them to kill that gator, or any gator. God put all of us here on this earth. I do not believe in killing anything if I am not going to eat it. Roaches are the exception. LOL!!!

I wonder how many are in and around Lake Seminole, which is to the south.

I have been to Seminole State Park.

Last edited:
I hope you are not saying that all white men are destructive. But I get your point. It made absolutely no sense for them to kill that gator, or any gator. God put all of us here on this earth. I do not believe in killing anything if I am not going to eat it. Roaches are the exception. LOL!!!
Rednecks. Not all.

Back