Gardener shares simple, chemical-free hack for getting rid of weeds: ‘You might have just changed the game for me’

Olde Hornet

I am going to try this.

The scoop​

In a trio of videos, TikToker EastSideFarming (@eastsidefarming) shows viewers what he calls “the safest, most effective way to get rid of weeds” completely within 24 hours.

In the first video, he explains, “Honestly, the best way, hands down, to rid your garden of anything you don’t want that’s growing is simply hot water.”

He then clarifies that the water needs to be boiling hot.

“Put boiling hot water on what you want to be gone, and in 24 hours it will be gone.”

This incredibly straightforward hack earned EastSideFarming some skeptical comments, so he returned with a second video.

“So I see I have some doubters,” he says and promises to demonstrate the effectiveness of this method. He points out a small patch of weeds surrounded by pavement, heats up his kettle, and pours steaming water on the plants, which immediately become a brighter shade of green.

The third video includes a closeup of the weeds right after he pours boiling water on them.

“On a molecular level, it’s dying,” he says.

Sure enough, 24 hours later, the weeds are dead and even dried out. “Most of this is just hay now,” he says.

I used to put plastic sheets down in the flower beds, then put pine straw on top of the plastic to kill the weeds. Never used the boiling water method. 😉

Back