For the investors

Blue Bengal

Do any of you use trendlines to help decide when to buy and sell? I just started using trendlines and the concept seems very practical. However, there are cases where drawing a trendline on a chart seems impossible and you have to wait for additional data points.

The market is (Jamie Foxx voice) "UNPREDICTABLE".

Analyst try to predict when to buy or sell stocks but anything can happen.
I've notices that alot SOCIAL-POLITICAL trends usually sway stock prices.
WARS, ELECTIONS, DEBATES, etc etc.

Its best to check the stocks/bonds/mutual funds history through the prospectus and see how well it has done Cyclically.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sonny,
That is a given, but we all look for additional keys. Sooner or later a stock will make a jump up or down through a trend line, but if a trend can help you better predict the market, it can be an essential tool for your investment portfolio. Check the history of MDR. Medium term trendlines made me hold the stock while people were selling. They were possibly using short term trendlines or jumping ship reacting to the market.

Blue Bengal said:
Sonny,
That is a given, but we all look for additional keys. Sooner or later a stock will make a jump up or down through a trend line, but if a trend can help you better predict the market, it can be an essential tool for your investment portfolio. Check the history of MDR. Medium term trendlines made me hold the stock while people were selling. They were possibly using short term trendlines or jumping ship reacting to the market.

Maybe you need to look into OPTIONS.

Back