For my Dallas area peeps

I have just exercised my right that people have died for.

Now I can cheer Alcorn St to VICTORY.

I will have some cold ones also.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I can say that today was my first time ever voting, but hey a brutha had to start one day.

This post is too short. Hopefully it means the Dallasites haven't seen it but they voted.

momof2ym and I both voted this morning. It slipped up on me.

PEACE!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
This post is too short. Hopefully it means the Dallasites haven't seen it but they voted.

momof2ym and I both voted this morning. It slipped up on me.

PEACE!!!

I was thinking the same thing.
Unfortunately I know some people here, who still have not registered to vote.

THis was a short thread, and I guess I was looking for some else to point out the importance of this election in that we have an opportunity for a brother to represent us in the US Senate. All is not lost we have made it to the run off.

That isn't good. To be honest, I'm not sure if my friends are voting. I'm under the impression that they are. I try to remember to send e-mails to remind them to not get too busy to not vote.

As for the unregistered friends, do you think they would come out to an event that had someone there that was qualified to register them to vote? I ask because I hear about them from time to time. My Masonic lodge also does it in front of places like grocery stores or at car washes that we are hosting to raise scholarship funds. It's amazing how many people we are able to sign up each time and how varied the age ranges are.

The thing that gets me about these recent elections is that we have had so many so close together lately. There is a chance that there could be voter burn out. it doesn't make since to me why TExas has so many seperate elections so close together. Remember the bond election of DISD and some other items; the mayorial race with some other races; now the preliminary party based governor and senate race with congressmen, railroad commissioners, judges, etc.... Next, we'll have more run off elections. Whew!!! But, we, especially blacks, must never get tired. It cost us to much when we don't.

PEACE!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
That isn't good. To be honest, I'm not sure if my friends are voting. I'm under the impression that they are.

As for the unregistered friends, do you think they would come out to an event that had someone there that was qualified to register them to vote?

PEACE!!!

You know that is a real good question that I can not answer for them. I won?t be surprised if that where at the same location where you all were hosting a voter registration event. She would have walked passed your table like you all were not even there.

I found out that she wasn?t registered during the Bush/Gore election. How long ago was that? And she still has not registered to vote. I have tried everything that I could think of.

Re: Re: PV_S, DTown's YES answers the question ...

Originally posted by Dtown Jag

ugh, thanks Niter.....some folks are soooooo slow. :D

Pull over. I know that you are not know just replying to this thread. I see ... that I am going to have to get the boxing gloves and have SwacPage Boxing.

Re: Re: Re: PV_S, DTown's YES answers the question ...

Originally posted by pv_symbiotic

Pull over. I know that you are not know just replying to this thread. I see ... that I am going to have to get the boxing gloves and have SwacPage Boxing.

hmmmm, swacpage boxing....that's funny. Someone else just mentioned that same thing to me last night.

Anyway, yes I am just seeing this thread boy. That's why I just replied....duh.:rolleyes:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Re: Re: Re: PV_S, DTown's YES answers the question ...

hmmmm, swacpage boxing....that's funny. Someone else just mentioned that same thing to me last night.

Anyway, yes I am just seeing this thread boy. That's why I just replied....duh.:rolleyes:

I just hope that everyone goes out and vote for the runoff election that Kirk is in.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PV_S, DTown's YES answers the question ...

I just hope that everyone goes out and <font size=3>joke</font> for the runoff election that Kirk is in.

ugh, joke or VOTE?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: PV_S, DTown's YES answers the question ...

ugh, joke or VOTE?

I meant to say vote. I couldn't believe that results of that race was so close.

You know that is a real good question that I can not answer for them. I won?t be surprised if that where at the same location where you all were hosting a voter registration event. She would have walked passed your table like you all were not even there.

I found out that she wasn?t registered during the Bush/Gore election. How long ago was that? And she still has not registered to vote. I have tried everything that I could think of.

Yeah, we don't usually have many to just flat turn us down. However, I think a number of them don't tell us the truth when we ask if they are registered. Most of the people that tell us that they aren't are convinced to register. We have fun with it by socializing, complimenting, etc... People get a kick out of us, open up, and like I said usually give in. But, if they aren't registered and don't tell us, there really isn't any way for us to get them. So, in short, if your friend was in the same place that we was while we were doing a voter registration, she would have been approached going in or out (especially in so we can try to speak going in and out).

It is sad to know that some of our people really don't get why it is so important to vote. We may not all agree on who to vote for for certain elections, but the power of voting is to valuable to not use. I almost think an ignorant uninformed casted vote is better than one that isn't. Believe me that a politician checks your voting habit when you contact them regarding issues. If they find you're not voting, its like who cares what you say... If you are a voter, they have to at least respectfully respond even if they don't act according to your wishes knowing that you will remember this when you vote for or against them in the next election.

I'm also one that really hope Kirk wins. Dallas is going to miss him as Major, but hopefully Texas will find they are glad to have him as Senator.

PEACE!!!

Back