Florida A&M athletic director makes ‘push’ for FCS playoff berth; suggests expanded Celebration Bowl

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The reason why the ad is pushing this is because as long as Deion is in the east famu doesn't have a chance at making the celebration bowl.
I personally think it's a bit early. Shit, they still have us, Southern, and BCU on the slate. They will likely be considered the favorites to win those games, but there is nothing to indicate those wins are automatic.

There is a new university FAMU, in town that wants to lift all boats. JSU is leading now but what if we have 2 ten win teams? Why not have more than one bowl game. PWI’s do it, besides the final 4, there are a couple of good bowl games. I am sure we have at least 2 other HBCU FSC teams that can also draw. Wake up folks to the possibilities. 😀

I personally think it's a bit early. Shit, they still have us, Southern, and BCU on the slate. They will likely be considered the favorites to win those games, but there is nothing to indicate those wins are automatic.

Way too early.

Actually, it's not. You put it in the head of the selection committee that the Swac can earn a at-large bid with a team that can play the 1st weekend of the FCS playoffs. I think PV missed a chance back in 2015 when they were 8-2 with a loss to Grambling and FBS Texas State only because they think the Swac is totally not available to participate.

There is a new university FAMU, in town that wants to lift all boats. JSU is leading now but what if we have 2 ten win teams? Why not have more than one bowl game. PWI’s do it, besides the final 4, there are a couple of good bowl games. I am sure we have at least 2 other HBCU FSC teams that can also draw. Wake up folks to the possibilities. 😀
I agree. We should have at least three bowl games. The revenue would be nice.

Actually, it's not. You put it in the head of the selection committee that the Swac can earn a at-large bid with a team that can play the 1st weekend of the FCS playoffs. I think PV missed a chance back in 2015 when they were 8-2 with a loss to Grambling and FBS Texas State only because they think the Swac is totally not available to participate.
I meant for FAMU to be ceding the swac championship and/or celebration bowl.

I meant for FAMU to be ceding the swac championship and/or celebration bowl.

They are using the odds since they are really 2 games back of jsu. It makes it hard for them to get to the championship game so they are looking to extend their season.

A&T got in in 2016 with an at-large bid but they had a FBS win to help and the NCCU loss didn't;'t hurt as NCCU was good

FAMU needs a quality win that's attractive -

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
A&T got in in 2016 with an at-large bid but they had a FBS win to help and the NCCU loss didn't;'t hurt as NCCU was good

FAMU needs a quality win that's attractive -

Unofrtunately for them, there are none of those left on their schedule so even if were somehow to finish 10-1, they still probably get snubbed because their best win will probably be against SCSU and that ain't gonna cut it

As I said on Facebook, schools are gonna have to start eliminating/cutting back on D2 schools if they plan on an at-large bid. They got a D2 AND a OOC D1 HBCU opponent in a weakened MEAC

They are using the odds since they are really 2 games back of jsu. It makes it hard for them to get to the championship game so they are looking to extend their season.
You don’t understand. Forget about this year, this is long term. In black college ball we have multiple teams with good records. Why not give more than 2 teams a chance to bowl. The classics show us that the audience is there. ESPN has recognized what a large targeted professional audience we bring to the table. This is advantage that HBCU’ have, unfragmented with advertising revenue potential.
Here is a good experiment for you guys. While you are watching game on ESPN+, check out commercials. Certain games and schools have more commercials and less dead space. This is not by accident. Wake up people….

Go Home GIF by The Resident on FOX

View: https://youtu.be/fdhxaz8Fnb0

Back