Finally, Dave Chappelle Is Gettin PAID!!!

Big Thunder

A while back, I remember many folks were talking about Dave Chappelle should get "paid" for the Chappelle Show. Well, I just heard that Dave has signed a 5 year 35 million dollar contract with Comedy Central. I just hope Dave continues to "keep it real".

Yeah, this was the only way Chapelle show would come back. It was often discussed that he was just going through the same thing as the Southpark creaters after the first two season of that show.

I guess we should say....It's a celebration!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I just hope his show doesn't lose steam. I like him in sketch comedy better then stand up to be honest.

Big Thunder said:
A while back, I remember many folks were talking about Dave Chappelle should get "paid" for the Chappelle Show. Well, I just heard that Dave has signed a 5 year 35 million dollar contract with Comedy Central. I just hope Dave continues to "keep it real".

Do you have a link to the story?

I saw an article on another message board...but no link.
Here is part of the story...

Chappelle renews for $50 million
Deal with Comedy Central includes other projects
Tuesday, August 3, 2004 Posted: 9:29 AM EDT (1329 GMT)

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) -- Dave Chappelle has signed a massive deal with Comedy Central that will return the comedian's hit series to the network for two more seasons.

Sources familiar with the deal indicate it could be worth about $50 million, vaulting Chappelle, 30, into the rarefied realm of television's top earners. The new contract is believed to mark not only a steep increase for Chappelle as star, writer, co-executive producer and co-creator of "Chappelle's Show," but more significantly, reward him with a hefty chunk of the series' robust DVD sales.

Increasing the pressure on Comedy to close a megadeal with Chappelle was interest from other programmers eager to tap his talents, including NBC Universal Television Group, according to sources, which ultimately deemed Chappelle too expensive. FX is said to have made an eight-figure offer to lure Chappelle to the network, but to no avail.

The deal also has implications beyond Comedy for Chappelle within the network's parent company, Viacom, sources said. Another component sets up Chappelle with a multimillion-dollar deal at Paramount Pictures to star in an adaptation of the autobiography of Rick James, the funk veteran whom Chappelle has lampooned on "Chappelle's Show." He may also be tapped for a different film project.

amethyst08 said:
Sources familiar with the deal indicate it could be worth about $50 million, vaulting Chappelle, 30, into the rarefied realm of television's top earners. The new contract is believed to mark not only a steep increase for Chappelle as star, writer, co-executive producer and co-creator of "Chappelle's Show," but more significantly, reward him with a hefty chunk of the series' robust DVD sales.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...................Dude done got him a Harrison Ford/Will Smith type of contract. :eek: :eek:

"I'M RICH BYOTCH!!" :nod:

That's great news. Chappelle's show is doing wonders for Comedy Central. He has gotten the attention of the audience between the ages of 20-35 into CC's viewing audience. Especially the black males in that range. he deserves some real loot.

Sting said:
It's going to be hard to top last season.
Dave gone be funnier each season. I didn't think he could top the 1st season until this season. I didn't think he'd top Clayton Bigsby, the black white supremacists, until the Rick James skit. Dave has a gift.

Back