Fight Of The Year?????

D-NICE

Retired Milkman
I just finished watching the Trinidad/Mayorga slugfest, and I will have to nominate it, as TFOTY. Sure Mayorga got knocked out, but it was action packed from the opening bell, until Mayorga just couldn't take anymore.

I don't know what kind of drugs Mayorga is on, maybe the stuff Aaron Pryor used to be on, but I have a new found respect for the cat, even if he doesn't have any boxing skills to his name. If he ever gets disciplined enough to learn how to box, instead of just slugging it out every fight, this dude would be a boxing terror.

Tito looked good in his comeback, took some big shots, and gave some, and at the pace the fight was going, he was in good condition. The time off definitely did him some good.

I'm not going to say he's ready for a Hopkins rematch just yet, because he hit Mayorgo with everything but the kitchen sink, and dude was still there. I say that because Mayorga fought for the first time at 160, moving up from 147, skipping 154 altogether.

Tito needs another tune up first, before stepping to Hopkins. If he's smart, he'll take the 20 million, and fight De La Hoya first.

I tip my hat to Mayorgo, dude is a smoker, fought in Tito's native land, took everything he had, and still didn't go out on his back. He just kept coming.

NICE

More like BEAT-DOWN-OF-THE-YEAR. Man Tito was taggin' that face all night. He would throw 31 punches and land 25. Mayorga on the other hand would throw 100+ and end in the 20s. His punches were not effecting Trinidad. I will say this was the most enjoyable fight I've witnessed all year.

Hate I missed the fight. I wondered if Tito could actually drop Mayorga, becaue Mayorga has a granite chin. That chin is why he has been successful despite his boxing skills. He's not worried about anyone KO'ing him, and eventually he catches them with something they can't handle. That usually don't work against the very best of boxers, and Tito is one of the very best.

Tito should fight another named, but harmless fighter, before going after a Hopkins or De La Hoya.

I think Tito is ready for either Hopkins or De La Hoya. He showed no signs of rust at all!!! GREAT FIGHT!!!

I'm mad that I missed this. From what I heard it looks like Tito's chin is better than what it was.

Back