FCS Coaches Poll

The SWAC Championship is EAST vs WEST..... as long as we win all the East division games .... nothing else matters. It aint our fault yall let UAPB beat yall.

Actually the other conference games still matter but you don't have any of those this year because of Covid.

I think the chances of SU going to playoffs are slim to none. I think if SU got an invite there’s a good chance they would decline due to a number of reasons. Just my opinion.

They may be slim but the Conference needs to start pushing that theory just in case. Most of those voters are in the mindset that no Swac teams are eligible for the FCS playoffs.

let’s say after Saturday, Southern wins and UAPB wins and the NCAA offers an at-large bid. I think Southern takes the offer.

If Prairie View beats UAPB, I can see Southern begging to play PV to try to force a 3-way tie.

I couldn't see jsu giving up a home game for that to happen.

I think if PV were to beat UAPB and SU were to beat PV, then you would have a 3-way tie among UAPB, PV and SU with each having one conference loss. While UAPB would hold the tiebreaker over SU, PV would hold it over UAPB, and SU would hold it over PV. I guess then the point margins would probably be compared.

It wouldn't really matter about a 3 way tie because PVAMU is not eligible for the SCG because of APR problems and that would eliminate them and it goes to the head to head which give it to UAPB. So changing the schedule has no real effect on the outcome. All UAPB has to do is win one of it's remaining games to go to the SCG.

Perry at UAPB is a junior and Glass is a Sr. Both will be back in Fall

Both got bonafide weapons on the outside at WR ... You would've thought with UAPB and AAMU losing their bell cow running backs from last year that their respective offenses would take a step back.

Pine Bluff currently owns the head to head tie breaker against Southern. Assuming the Jags beat Grambling, wouldn't Pine Bluff need to lose to both PV and Texas Southern in order for Southern to win the West? Honestly, don't see Pine Bluff losing both of those games.

This is correct since PV is ineligible for the SCG so SU needs PB would have to lose both games for SU to make it to the SCG. You'll get an idea of what TxSU is working with when they play us Saturday because if that grad transfer from Alcorn doesnt play, we would be dummies to not run it down their throats like in 2019 (but since we have a dummy at OC, it's possible). UAPB is just gonna throw it everywhere on them

STATS Perform Poll this week: https://theanalyst.com/na/sport/american-football/fcs/

UAPB enters at No. 24.
Southern and Alabama A&M just outside Top 25 ...

FCS Coaches Poll this week: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll
Southern up to No. 19 — with one first-place vote
Alabama A&M up to No. 22
UAPB enters at No. 25
South Carolina State received three votes.

SWAC Championship Game looks to be a matchup of two nationally-ranked teams in AAMU vs. UAPB
The fact Southern got one first place vote is eye catching!!!

My Jags the best team in the conference.

No that honor goes to Pine Bluff since.. you know.. head to head and undefeated record

Having 3 teams in the top 25 is a good look though and should help down the road as far as a possible at-large in the fall. Wouldn't be surprised to see SU for sure in the preseason polls next year with AAMU and PB getting some votes as well.

No that honor goes to Pine Bluff since.. you know.. head to head and undefeated record

Having 3 teams in the top 25 is a good look though and should help down the road as far as a possible at-large in the fall. Wouldn't be surprised to see SU for sure in the preseason polls next year with AAMU and PB getting some votes as well.
Please, if we played pb yesterday we beat them by 20. Plus the polls know we better because we ranked higher than them.

Back