FCS Coaches Poll

How can the SWAC justify putting AAMU in the championship game with zero or only one SWAC win versus a team with muliple conferwence wins? One may argue that it is not AAMU's fault that the pandemic caused those cancellations, but neither is it the fault of anyone else.

I came back to say this.

I can't fault AAMU due to cancellations because of a pandemic but you will have a hard time convincing people that (let's use my school) a 3-2 Valley (4-2 with the Alcorn forfeit) is less deserving than a 2-1/3-1 AAMU (add one win with the Alcorn forfeit) that we beat. If AAMU loses Saturday (and Valley wins) or next Saturday, it makes things a lot more complicated because there is no frontrunner whatsoever. Everyone will have beaten one another and it's gonna come down to who can play more games

I came back to say this.

I can't fault AAMU due to cancellations because of a pandemic but you will have a hard time convincing people that (let's use my school) a 3-2 Valley (4-2 with the Alcorn forfeit) is less deserving than a 2-1/3-1 AAMU (add one win with the Alcorn forfeit) that we beat. If AAMU loses Saturday (and Valley wins) or next Saturday, it makes things a lot more complicated because there is no frontrunner whatsoever. Everyone will have beaten one another and it's gonna come down to who can play more games
Valley definitely won’t be considered, you all got blew out vs JSU, just concentrate on Bama St and we will just stay focused on our next game, JSU. Everything will work itself out one way or another.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Valley definitely won’t be considered, you all got blew out vs JSU, just concentrate on Bama St and we will just stay focused on our next game, JSU. Everything will work itself out one way or another.

Me seems to think that that you are one of those emotional non-logical Dawgs from your many illogical posts on here. This is a f**king Sports board and we are talking about SPORTS

JSU had two games under their belt while Valley had to pause two weeks with only 7 practices going into that game. We had a full week under our belt and people saw the improvement. The same can be said for your game against SCSU and then they came back and held ASU (that beat JSU) in check.

We just saw this situation in basketball as far as games played and who played who.

In this week's coaches poll ... https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/fcs-coaches-poll

Southern moves up four spots to No. 21

Alabama A&M enters tied at No. 25 with Mercer ...

Arkansas-Pine Bluff received the most votes outside of the Top 25 ...
South Carolina State received 10 votes
Prairie View received 2 votes
Delaware State received 1 votes

In the STATS poll ... https://theanalyst.com/na/sport/american-football/fcs/

No HBCUs in the Top 25 ..

Arkansas-Pine Bluff received 20 votes
Southern received 15 votes
Alabama A&M received 1 vote

How can the SWAC justify putting AAMU in the championship game with zero or only one SWAC win versus a team with muliple conferwence wins? One may argue that it is not AAMU's fault that the pandemic caused those cancellations, but neither is it the fault of anyone else.
The SWAC Championship is EAST vs WEST..... as long as we win all the East division games .... nothing else matters. It aint our fault yall let UAPB beat yall.

I think the chances of SU going to playoffs are slim to none. I think if SU got an invite there’s a good chance they would decline due to a number of reasons. Just my opinion.

I think the chances of SU going to playoffs are slim to none. I think if SU got an invite there’s a good chance they would decline due to a number of reasons. Just my opinion.

let’s say after Saturday, Southern wins and UAPB wins and the NCAA offers an at-large bid. I think Southern takes the offer.

If Prairie View beats UAPB, I can see Southern begging to play PV to try to force a 3-way tie.

Southern is in the hunt for the West Division title but needs a victory by Prairie View against Pine Bluff on Saturday to stay alive. If that happens, the SWAC has a decision to make on how to proceed. League sources said it’s possible Southern and Prairie View could play April 24 with the Jaguars needing a victory to force a three-way tie.

Prairie View is scheduled to play Jackson State April 24, which is no longer contending for the East title. Southern could theoretically replace Jackson State in that game. The SWAC championship game is scheduled for the following weekend but it could possibly be moved to accommodate another playing weekend.

let’s say after Saturday, Southern wins and UAPB wins and the NCAA offers an at-large bid. I think Southern takes the offer.

If Prairie View beats UAPB, I can see Southern begging to play PV to try to force a 3-way tie.
Playoff talk is mute now

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Oh it’s snowball chances in the coolest part of hell slim. I seriously doubt an invite gets sent to Baton Rouge if UAPB wins.

I don't really endorse fooling with those people. My guess with that snowball chance in hell would be a one-way ticket to North Dakota State or James Madison......LOL I'd much more prefer scheduling a decent team during the regular season (not an FBS team in FCS clothing)....not to mention the non-monetary benefit of the FCS playoffs.

I don't really endorse fooling with those people. My guess with that snowball chance in hell would be a one-way ticket to North Dakota State or James Madison......LOL I'd much more prefer scheduling a decent team during the regular season (not an FBS team in FCS clothing)....not to mention the non-monetary benefit of the FCS playoffs.

true dat. I’d rather schedule in the regular season as well. But some of them boys ain’t coming to Baton Rouge, Jackson, Lorman or Huntsville.

true dat. I’d rather schedule in the regular season as well. But some of them boys ain’t coming to Baton Rouge, Jackson, Lorman or Huntsville.

That's fine, in that case, they can stay where they are. I doubt very seriously if any of those programs (cities) you mentioned will let another FCS not do a home and home.

Southern is gonna make it hard for the FCS playoff committe to justify leaving them out (especially if they hit the top 20 in the Coaches poll) for teams with 4-5 losses. Jordan Lewis also has some star power that could make a first round game interesting. I think Dr. Mac will convince SU to accept the bid if offered (which I agree is still very slim). If UAPB can get ranked as well in the Coaches Poll, that helps out SU

Think AAMU will be busy when the FCS playoffs start so I doubt they are going.

I wouldn't want to see Southern in the FCS playoffs if it does not make the SWAC championship game. Rather, I would prefer that they use their allocated time to heal wounds and start preparations for the upcoming season.

Quite possibly replacing the PV vs JSU game that doesn't count for us, something along those lines.

PV needs to take care of hott hott UAPB first. 4 weeks, no games. Rusttttttttttyyyyyyyy.

Pine Bluff currently owns the head to head tie breaker against Southern. Assuming the Jags beat Grambling, wouldn't Pine Bluff need to lose to both PV and Texas Southern in order for Southern to win the West? Honestly, don't see Pine Bluff losing both of those games.

What is the classification of UAPB's quarterback this spring? How many years has AAMU's qb played already?

Pine Bluff currently owns the head to head tie breaker against Southern. Assuming the Jags beat Grambling, wouldn't Pine Bluff need to lose to both PV and Texas Southern in order for Southern to win the West? Honestly, don't see Pine Bluff losing both of those games.
I think if PV were to beat UAPB and SU were to beat PV, then you would have a 3-way tie among UAPB, PV and SU with each having one conference loss. While UAPB would hold the tiebreaker over SU, PV would hold it over UAPB, and SU would hold it over PV. I guess then the point margins would probably be compared.

Back