Fargo (Season 4) on FX

JROCK

Preeminent
Season 4 is off the chain. The thing that needs to be understood about Fargo is you don't really have to look at any of the previous seasons. They tell 1 story per season, so you don't really have to know anything about the previous seasons. This season story is about the Italians and Blacks crime gangs pitted against one another in the fifties with several interesting storylines going on.

I enjoyed season 1&2 but couldn't get into season 3 (probably because I was distracted by wanting to see season 4). I would definitely recommend looking at season 4 though.

I've been enjoying it, I haven't seen any of the previous season. Truthfully, I only started watching this season, because of Chris Rock.
I wonder how much of this is factual, especially that crazy nurse. I haven't had a chance to watch the last two episodes, so I know, I'm missing out on a couple of interesting plot lines.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I started a thread a few weeks ago about this season, but I guess it got deleted during the software update to the forums.

This is my first time watching it after seeing some of the trailers and knowing I did not have to see any of the other seasons to keep up. I initially thought it was related to the movie "Fargo" but it's not.

I've been enjoying it, I haven't seen any of the previous season. Truthfully, I only started watching this season, because of Chris Rock.
I wonder how much of this is factual, especially that crazy nurse. I haven't had a chance to watch the last two episodes, so I know, I'm missing out on a couple of interesting plot lines.

They have a little narrative before the show comes on stating (paraphrasing), This is a true story, names changed to protect the living and truth told out of respect for the dead. I am pretty sure that they embellish a tad to keep the drama going.

I started a thread a few weeks ago about this season, but I guess it got deleted during the software update to the forums.

This is my first time watching it after seeing some of the trailers and knowing I did not have to see any of the other seasons to keep up. I initially thought it was related to the movie "Fargo" but it's not.

I binge-watched season 1&2. I would say that after you watch season 4, 1&2 are worth watching. 1 of the few things I remember in 1 or 2 is the trading of the oldest son when the different rivals start going after one another. The season that pitted the Irish immigrants against the Italians was interesting. That guy that's keeping his eye on Chris Rock's oldest son was actually acquired by an older son trade with the Italians, so he is really Irish (when he was real young). Also, that's why he has an affinity for Chris' son as well (walking in the same shoes). I'll probably go back and watch 3 when I finish watching 4 because I just couldn't concentrate on it with 4 hitting the air.....LOL

Watching Faddo trip over the curb and shoot himself reminded me of a similar scene from the movie "Out of Sight" where the character called "White Boy" did the same thing tripping over the stairs.

Watching Faddo trip over the curb and shoot himself reminded me of a similar scene from the movie "Out of Sight" where the character called "White Boy" did the same thing tripping over the stairs.

That scene threw me off a little bit. I couldn't make sense of the entire top of his head sliced off. The other thing I thought that deviated from reality was when the nurse came in the room to kill the young lady (funeral home director daughter) and the ghost appeared (I heard when she and the mother were discussing it but I took that as their personal reality as opposed to actual). That was a little over the top if they are attempting to keep it as close to reality as possible.

That scene threw me off a little bit. I couldn't make sense of the entire top of his head sliced off. The other thing I thought that deviated from reality was when the nurse came in the room to kill the young lady (funeral home director daughter) and the ghost appeared (I heard when she and the mother were discussing it but I took that as their personal reality as opposed to actual). That was a little over the top if they are attempting to keep it as close to reality as possible.

I was expecting her mother to come in there and shoot her. Remember she told Lemuel that she sleeps light and keeps a shotgun near her bed.

I was expecting her mother to come in there and shoot her. Remember she told Lemuel that she sleeps light and keeps a shotgun near her bed.

That would have been more realistically plausible. That crossed my mind as well. I'm going to be really disappointed that this season will end next Sunday.....LOL BTW, I loved the scene with the oldest son pulled out his piece on the two racists......LOL

Last edited:
Well, all the bad main characters except Zelmare (she got away with it all)

I don't know if you watched it all the way through but they left an opening for Chris Rock's son to be a Don in the next season. I don't remember if they started rolling credits before they showed him in the back seat with a white person driving him all grown up. I am not sure if that is where they are going but they definitely left that opening.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I don't know if you watched it all the way through but they left an opening for Chris Rock's son to be a Don in the next season. I don't remember if they started rolling credits before they showed him in the back seat with a white person driving him all grown up. I am not sure if that is where they are going but they definitely left that opening.

That's a throwback to Season 2 from what I've learn. He is Mike Milligan and became hitman. I now have to go back and watch this season and probably all 3 previous seasons as they say in the Fargo universe, everything it connected.

That's a throwback to Season 2 from what I've learn. He is Mike Milligan and became hitman. I now have to go back and watch this season and probably all 3 previous seasons as they say in the Fargo universe, everything it connected.

I watched Seasons 1 & 2 (couldn't quite get into season 3 distracted by season 4..lol) However, I don't remember a black hitman in season 2. It may very well have been but it would have had to be an extremely small role for me to forget. I can definitely say though that 1&2 is worth watching.

I watched Seasons 1 & 2 (couldn't quite get into season 3 distracted by season 4..lol) However, I don't remember a black hitman in season 2. It may very well have been but it would have had to be an extremely small role for me to forget. I can definitely say though that 1&2 is worth watching.

It was the role played by Bokeem Woodbine

Back