Farenheit 9/11..Please tell me yall are going to see it...

LadyLuck13

Chocolate Rain
This movie is going to bring the some contraversial stuff...JULY 25th is the BIG day. How many of yall are going to see it? My blood started to boil when I saw the ordeal about the day 911 happend, and ALL the planes were SUPPOSED to be grounded for the rest of the day, but HIGH GOVERNMENT allowed a plane with Osama Bin Laden's family to fly out right here from the United Staes on that same day..... :upset: I'm urging all teens at least 18 and up to see it so this small taste of reality can kick in and urge them to see how important it is to vote....!!!

LadyLuck13 said:
This movie is going to bring the some contraversial stuff...JULY 25th is the BIG day. How many of yall are going to see it? My blood started to boil when I saw the ordeal about the day 911 happend, and ALL the planes were SUPPOSED to be grounded for the rest of the day, but HIGH GOVERNMENT allowed a plane with Osama Bin Laden's family to fly out right here from the United Staes on that same day..... :upset: I'm urging all teens at least 18 and up to see it so this small taste of reality can kick in and urge them to see how important it is to vote....!!!

You are a F'er!!!! I was just about to post this and you beat me to it. :redhot:

Man I am going to see this on Saturday. MIchael Moore is my kneegrow.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Micheal Moore is the biggest bloodsucking oppertunist in the world. He got rich off people's misery in his fictionary "Bowling for Columbine" and now this.

The world would have no misery if you could use this guy's "after the fact, Monday Morning QB" style.

Don't like BUSH, but this guy has a credibility gap that can be expose by checking fact's with 4 second sound bites and film splices.

jstate83 said:
Micheal Moore is the biggest bloodsucking oppertunist in the world. He got rich off people's misery in his fictionary "Bowling for Columbine" and now this.

The world would have no misery if you could use this guy's "after the fact, Monday Morning QB" style.

Don't like BUSH, but this guy has a credibility gap that can be expose by checking fact's with 4 second sound bites and film splices.
So what makes him different than anyone who uses the media to get his viewpoint out to the public. Guys like Rush Limbaugh do this same thing everyday on the radio. Why single out Michael Moore because he does it on film?

This going to be a major blow for the Bush camp. (And not like Monica and Bill)

JSU/99 said:
So what makes him different than anyone who uses the media to get his viewpoint out to the public. Guys like Rush Limbaugh do this same thing everyday on the radio. Why single out Michael Moore because he does it on film?

Who's singling out Micheal Moore. If your shat don't add up, IT DON'T ADD UP.

As far as Rush, why you bought him up I have no Idea, don't give a shat bout him either. The thing with Moore is he is a BLOODSUCKER ---- and it has nothing to do with THIS WAR. I have read comment's on this board about how good and truthfull "Bowling for Columbine" was ---------- IS THAT A JOKE or is people that gulliable. Even the PARENTS of the kid's that got killed slammed this con job. This guy makes FILM........... HE IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

If you took the time to look at the facts and compare them to anything this clown do, you will see he is just a con-artist. It's one thing to do a peice to make people think outside of the box, BUT, IT TOTALLY ANOTHER THING TO "CUT, PASTE, and SPLICE" SOUND BITES TOGETHER, MIX A FEW FACT'S WITH FICTION AND CALL IT A "TRUE DOCUMENTARY".

Just because he can get on T.V. and cuss, spit, and name call, don't make his message true ----------NO MATTER WHO IT'S ABOUT.

MOORE 911
This comes from MSNBC--------A MICHEAL MOORE FREINDLY NETWORK. There are others that say the same thing, but I don't want to be accused of STACKING THE DECK against him and you don't read it. :nod2:

jstate83 said:
Who's singling out Micheal Moore. If your shat don't add up, IT DON'T ADD UP.

As far as Rush, why you bought him up I have no Idea, don't give a shat bout him either. The thing with Moore is he is a BLOODSUCKER ---- and it has nothing to do with THIS WAR. I have read comment's on this board about how good and truthfull "Bowling for Columbine" was ---------- IS THAT A JOKE or is people that gulliable. Even the PARENTS of the kid's that got killed slammed this con job. This guy makes FILM........... HE IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

If you took the time to look at the facts and compare them to anything this clown do, you will see he is just a con-artist. It's one thing to do a peice to make people think outside of the box, BUT, IT TOTALLY ANOTHER THING TO "CUT, PASTE, and SPLICE" SOUND BITES TOGETHER, MIX A FEW FACT'S WITH FICTION AND CALL IT A "TRUE DOCUMENTARY".

Just because he can get on T.V. and cuss, spit, and name call, don't make his message true ----------NO MATTER WHO IT'S ABOUT.
His "message" is a set of facts molded to fit his personal veiwpoint. That's what media types do, they manipulate the facts in order to get thier message across. That doesnt make them con-men. If you want the unbiased truth then you're out of luck when it comes to the media. And exactly what makes him a con-artist? Because he actually has the gall and talent to put his views on film and get paid for it? He's a filmmaker. That's how he makes his living. Don't hate because he does it better than most.

JSU/99 said:
His "message" is a set of facts molded to fit his personal veiwpoint. That's what media types do, they manipulate the facts in order to get thier message across. That doesnt make them con-men. If you want the unbiased truth then you're out of luck when it comes to the media. And exactly what makes him a con-artist? Because he actually has the gall and talent to put his views on film and get paid for it? He's a filmmaker. That's how he makes his living. Don't hate because he does it better than most.

Did you even read the bottom post......... OH ............. THE MEDIA IS BIASED ............. WHAT A SHOCK. :what:

As far as HATING on MICHEAL MOORE .............. PLEASE. Not worth my time to hate, or kiss the arse of people I don't know. :uhoh:

Been real, but I knew the MSNBC LINK would be ignored. :emlaugh:

And btw: Facts "MOLDED" TO FIT A VIEWPOINT is FICTION........ NOT TRUTH.

jstate83 said:
MOORE 911
This comes from MSNBC--------A MICHEAL MOORE FREINDLY NETWORK. There are others that say the same thing, but I don't want to be accused of STACKING THE DECK against him and you don't read it. :nod2:
First of all, since when was MSNBC a morre friendly network? Second, you can't take much of what Chis Hitchens says at face value. This man doesn't have anything good to say about anyone. Even Mother Theresa!

In other words, ANYTHING THAT IS "MOLDED" TO FIT MOORE'S VIEWPOINT IS TRUTH ----------- :what: -------------BUT ANYTHING THAT DON'T IS A LIE. :smug2:

OK .................... :slap:

I'm out on this ..................ENJOY THE MOVIE. :wavey:

jstate83 said:
In other words, ANYTHING THAT IS "MOLDED" TO FIT MOORE'S VIEWPOINT IS TRUTH ----------- :what: -------------BUT ANYTHING THAT DON'T IS A LIE. :smug2:
Its not about truth or lies. Its about viewpoints. Facts are like everything else in this world, negotiable. Often times what you believe depends on what side of the fence you're on. Simple fact is we all manipulate the truth to fit our purpose. Don't hate on Moore because he manipulates the truth better than most.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
jstate83 said:
As far as HATING on MICHEAL MOORE .............. PLEASE. Not worth my time to hate, or kiss the arse of people I don't know. :uhoh:

"Manipulates the truth" ...................... :xeye:

I'm gonna let you "think" about this statement for a while. :look:

jstate83 said:
Even the PARENTS of the kid's that got killed slammed this con job. This guy makes FILM........... HE IS IN IT FOR THE MONEY.

Uh, what moviemaker doesn't make movies for $$? Not sure what you meant by that. Some of these people need to know the truth jstate! There are so many rednecks running around here screamin "Bush for President 04!" that they need a wake up call...!

LadyLuck13 said:
Uh, what moviemaker doesn't make movies for $$? Not sure what you meant by that. Some of these people need to know the truth jstate! There are so many rednecks running around here screamin "Bush for President 04!" that they need a wake up call...!

And I shole work wit one. I thought redneck and republican were oxymorons.

LadyLuck13 said:

Your statement is EXACTLY why I don't like Micheal Moore's "Movie Making." He passes LIE'S off as TRUTH. If he want to do SATIRE or SPOOF'S ---- THEN ADMIT IT. Don't pass yourself off as a messenger of truth when you know you have change FACT's to FIT your NEEDS. That's what I'm saying ----AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING MONEY.

Tell me this ................ WHY DO THE TRUTH HAVE TO BE ALTERED, MANIPULATED, OR CHANGED AROUND. If he is going to pass ALL his movies off as TRUTHFUL, IMFORMATIVE, SOCIAL STATEMENTS, then altering the truth is not needed.

People are so caught up in their rage for Bush, they will take ANYTHING AS TRUTH, as long as it's against BUSH or Republicans. How can a WELL INFORMED OPINION BE MADE BY THE PUBLIC OFF LIE'S. :goof:

Besides --------everybody is hot at BUSH for telling a lie. WHY ARE YOU SO READY TO ACCEPT MICHEAL MOORE'S LIE'S WITHOUT QUESTION. :retard:

People ----DO YA'LL NOW UNDERSTAND WHY I DON'T FOLLOW EITHER OF THESE PARTIES. :nod2:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=450 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>'Fahrenheit' turns on box office heat
<!--startclickprintexclude--></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top><!--endclickprintexclude-->Michael Moore's anti-Bush film breaks the single-day records at the two New York theaters.
June 24, 2004: 6:46 AM EDT
<!--startclickprintexclude--></TD></TR><TR><TD class=storytext vAlign=top>
<!--endclickprintexclude-->LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Director Michael Moore's controversial documentary "Fahrenheit 9/11" turned on the box office heat in its first day in theaters breaking single-day records at the two New York City theaters where it played.

The movie, which aims a critical eye at President Bush and his prosecution of the war in Iraq, sold $49,000 worth of tickets at the Loew's Village 7 theater, beating the venue's single-day record of $43,435 held by 1997's "Men in Black," according to distributors Lions Gate Films and IFC Films.

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--var clickExpire = "07/08/2004";//--></SCRIPT>At the Lincoln Plaza theater, "Fahrenheit 9/11" took in more than $30,000 to top the $24,013 set by "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in 2000.

<!-- CL type: context (narrow) --><!-- CL category: moneynews --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://money.cnn.com/2004/06/24/news/midcaps/fahrenheit.reut/index.htm?cnn=yes

So will you give me the numbers for HARRY POTTER, SHREK 2, and DAY AFTER TOMORROW. ...................We need more ticket sale's stat's.:read:

jstate83 said:
Your statement is EXACTLY why I don't like Micheal Moore's "Movie Making." He passes LIE'S off as TRUTH. If he want to do SATIRE or SPOOF'S ---- THEN ADMIT IT. Don't pass yourself off as a messenger of truth when you know you have change FACT's to FIT your NEEDS. That's what I'm saying ----AIN'T NOTHING WRONG WITH MAKING MONEY.

Tell me this ................ WHY DO THE TRUTH HAVE TO BE ALTERED, MANIPULATED, OR CHANGED AROUND. If he is going to pass ALL his movies off as TRUTHFUL, IMFORMATIVE, SOCIAL STATEMENTS, then altering the truth is not needed.

People are so caught up in their rage for Bush, they will take ANYTHING AS TRUTH, as long as it's against BUSH or Republicans. How can a WELL INFORMED OPINION BE MADE BY THE PUBLIC OFF LIE'S. :goof:

Besides --------everybody is hot at BUSH for telling a lie. WHY ARE YOU SO READY TO ACCEPT MICHEAL MOORE'S LIE'S WITHOUT QUESTION. :retard:

People ----DO YA'LL NOW UNDERSTAND WHY I DON'T FOLLOW EITHER OF THESE PARTIES. :nod2:
Jstate,
In your search for the truth, I think you misunderstand this entire process. First of all, this is a political documnetary. We all know that. Michael Moore himself has said that he hopes this film helps kick Bush out of office. Therefore, you can't expect it to be like the conventional documnetary, where the filmmaker just turns on the camera and let things fall where they may.
Second, in our political system, there's no such thing as the unfettered truth. You have a set of facts that can be interpreted any number of ways. Just like Moore made a film trashing Bush in this process, someone else can come along with a film that makes Bush out to be a hero in the same process. Finding out the real truth is impossible.

JSU/99 said:
Jstate,
In your search for the truth, I think you misunderstand this entire process. First of all, this is a political documnetary. We all know that. Michael Moore himself has said that he hopes this film helps kick Bush out of office. Therefore, you can't expect it to be like the conventional documnetary, where the filmmaker just turns on the camera and let things fall where they may.

I understand the process ............. My problem is THIS IS NOT WHAT HE IS DOING. HE IS PASSING IT OFF AS THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. And taking this into account ........... WHAT WAS HIS REASONS FOR MAKING A SPOOF OF COLUMBINE AND PASSING IT OFF AS TRUTH. Nobody to Kick out of office there .......JUST DEAD KIDS.

Second, in our political system, there's no such thing as the unfettered truth. You have a set of facts that can be interpreted any number of ways. Just like Moore made a film trashing Bush in this process, someone else can come along with a film that makes Bush out to be a hero in the same process. Finding out the real truth is impossible.

OK ..................... Again I put the question out there again .............People are hot at BUSH for telling lie's. WHY ARE YOU SO WILLING TO TAKE MICHEAL MOORE'S LIE'S WITHOUT QUESTION.

Personally, I see Michael Moore as entertainment. Do I agree with his overall viewpoint? Yes. Do I take everything he says as the gospel? Of course not, I don't do that with anyone. No one on this page knows enough about the Iraq situation to know what the truth really is. All we can do is form an opinion based on a set of facts. That's all Moore is doing. Just like any other smart, successful media type, he's does a good job of spinning the facts his way and passing them off as fact. That's what he has to do to sell tickets.

As for you comparison of Bush's "lies" to Moore's, look at it this way: If Bush lied, then his lies led to thousands of solidiers and civilians being killed.
Moore's lies sold tickets and pissed off some people. Now you tell me the difference.

JSU/99 said:
Personally, I see Michael Moore as entertainment. Do I agree with his overall viewpoint? Yes. Do I take everything he says as the gospel? Of course not, I don't do that with anyone. No one on this page knows enough about the Iraq situation to know what the truth really is. All we can do is form an opinion based on a set of facts. That's all Moore is doing. Just like any other smart, successful media type, he's does a good job of spinning the facts his way and passing them off as fact. That's what he has to do to sell tickets.

Thank you for clearing that up. Too bad a lot of other can't see the difference.

As for you comparison of Bush's "lies" to Moore's, look at it this way: If Bush lied, then his lies led to thousands of solidiers and civilians being killed.
Moore's lies sold tickets and pissed off some people. Now you tell me the difference.

The second part though ....................... :goof: :goof: :goof:

It's not just one side of the political spectrum that know this. People across the board know that this guy "makes stuff up" and then passes it off as a "Truthful Documentary." Libral outlets or conservative outlets ... It's the same conclusion.

Micheal Moore --- L.A. Times Interview

Enjoy the movie. :swink:

Back