FAMU Being Thirsty Despite Pandemic

So now here is the reason for the waivers they make those kids sign it all coming together.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Didn't the Meac cancel fall sports and didn't they stop NCAT from playing some teams in the Big South?
How can FAMU play non conference games then?

I'm a little confused! So if your conference postpones or cancels the season, a member school is still allowed to schedule non-conference games to be played during the time of the postponement or cancellation?

FAMU is fucking ridiculous if this is true.
No...these were conversations that were being explored a while ago (remember, A&T already was told no). We haven’t submitted anything and we’re focused on Spring ball. The media ran with something that was simply an idea.

No...these were conversations that were being explored a while ago (remember, A&T already was told no). We haven’t submitted anything and we’re focused on Spring ball. The media ran with something that was simply an idea.

Even if it was an idea it was fucking ridiculous.

Since FAMU is leaving the MEAC after this season anyways, I think FAMU has considered going "rogue" and doing whatever the hell it wants to do, especially if it brings in a big paycheck. Why not? What can the MEAC do to us? This is our last year anyway! If we can play some of the state's fbs schools and pickup huge paychecks along the way, well.........

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Since FAMU is leaving the MEAC after this season anyways, I think FAMU has considered going "rogue" and doing whatever the hell it wants to do, especially if it brings in a big paycheck. Why not? What can the MEAC do to us? This is our last year anyway! If we can play some of the state's fbs schools and pickup huge paychecks along the way, well.........

I thought of them going "rogue" when first reading it. I just opted not to comment.....LOL

I'm sorry, but the media didn't run away with "an idea." The media reported something that your own head football coach and AD confirmed. Both indicated that there were discussions/attempts/conversations AFTER the MEAC announced that fall sports had been postponed. You can't blame the media for reporting something that your head coach said yesterday.

They are still a part of the Meac until June 30, 2021. They can be fined for not following the instructions of the conference and possibly be banned from any championships in the other sports that the conference host.

I'm sorry, but the media didn't run away with "an idea." The media reported something that your own head football coach and AD confirmed. Both indicated that there were discussions/attempts/conversations AFTER the MEAC announced that fall sports had been postponed. You can't blame the media for reporting something that your head coach said yesterday.
Nope they ran with it...and all the AD said was that there were conversations held internally. All we did was put feelers out. WCTV said that we’d officially petitioned for fall football and we didn’t.

BTW, the story came out after FSU’s Fall schedule was confirmed. FSU released their schedule to day. The story shouldn’t have even been released.

- member of the media

Last edited:
Nope they ran with it...and all the AD said was that there were conversations held internally. All we did was put feelers out. WCTV said that we’d officially petitioned for fall football and we didn’t.
For the record, HBCU Sports didn't report on a football waiver. Our report was on the FACT that your AD and football coach explored possible options for the fall. And unfortunately, it has gotten to the point that your football coach and AD can't even stay consistent with the message.

This was from your football coach:

We have put out feelers to the seven schools in the state system who play football,” FAMU head coach Willie Simmons told WCTV in Florida. “Just to see what their interest would be if we ended up being able to play football this fall being that our conference has suspended the fall season. Our athletic director is vetting all possible opportunities at this point.”

This was from your AD:

"When MEAC elected not to compete this fall, we started conversations internal. We haven't reached out to any schools to play this fall. Several schools have contacted us."

So again, I ask, how is the media running away with this. Your coach admits to sending feelers to "seven schools." You AD is saying "We haven't reached out to any schools to play this fall."

Which one is it? How the hell can this be internal and yet you all have sent feelers out to seven schools? Someone is lying, right? Can we at least admit that much?

Back