FAMU Being Thirsty Despite Pandemic

For the record, HBCU Sports didn't report on a football waiver. Our report was on the FACT that your AD and football coach explored possible options for the fall. And unfortunately, it has gotten to the point that your football coach and AD can't even stay consistent with the message.

This was from your football coach:

This was from your AD:

So again, I ask, how is the media running away with this. Your coach admits to sending feelers to "seven schools." You AD is saying "We haven't reached out to any schools to play this fall."

Which one is it? How the hell can this be internal and yet you all have sent feelers out to seven schools? Someone is lying, right? Can we at least admit that much?

Or miscommunication between coach and AD...which is very possible considering both were quoted by different outlets and the initial report didn’t have a quote from Gosha, which was WCTV.

The game wasn’t happening this fall...and simply putting out feelers or having those conversations isn’t that big of deal in the grand scheme of things...especially when the MEAC had been silent about Spring plans(obviously things are being put in motion now).

All of this based on an idea that WCTV(since it seems saying media is lumping HBCU Sports in that...and that seems to be why you’re taking this personally) ran with an idea.

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Or miscommunication between coach and AD...which is very possible considering both were quoted by different outlets and the initial report didn’t have a quote from Gosha, which was WCTV.

Just because they were quoted by two different outlets doesn't mean what each of then said isn't true or that they didn't say what they said. Facts matter.

All of this based on an idea that WCTV(since it seems saying media is lumping HBCU Sports in that...and that seems to be why you’re taking this personally) ran with an idea.
Actually, it's probably the other way around. I didn't attend FAMU, you did. And I get it, you love your school (as you should) and you realize that this simply isn't a good look for your beloved institution.

But the coach and the AD said what they said. There were considerations to play football in the fall. Those are FACTS.

Just because they were quoted by two different outlets doesn't mean what each of then said isn't true or that they didn't say what they said. Facts matter.

Actually, it's probably the other way around. I didn't attend FAMU, you did. And I get it, you love your school (as you should) and you realize that this simply isn't a good look for your beloved institution.

But the coach and the AD said what they said. There were considerations to play football in the fall. Those are FACTS.
I don’t understand how it’s a bad look to explore ways and have conversations about playing ball this fall. And you and I both know, in this industry, that these were conversations that more than likely happened well before this week and well before the MEAC cancelled Fall sports.

I don’t think it was something that was unfair to explore, regardless of whether the game actually had a real chance of happening.

I don’t understand how it’s a bad look to explore ways and have conversations about playing ball this fall. And you and I both know, in this industry, that these were conversations that more than likely happened well before this week and well before the MEAC cancelled Fall sports.
I personally think it's a bad look to continue to talk about playing fall ball when the conference made the announcement to suspend fall sports. I'm sure that before the MEAC made the announcement to cancel, people from FAMU had a chance to chime in. In a perfect world (and I know this world is far from perfect) one would expect all member schools of the conference to be united in this decision. But for FAMU to still consider options at this point -- when there are NO positive signs to suggest that it's safe to play football -- gives people a justifiable reason to question the school's intentions. That's all.

That is what I am trying to understand.. The AD said schools have been in contact with them, NOT the other way around, but anybody with a computer knows the MEAC is not playing football, so I am not understanding that logic, unless the AD and or Coach was trying to do some back door deals..

I disagree. If there was a chance to play football, and do it safely, then it wasn’t a bad idea. Nice paycheck to drive a mile and half.

But everybody has their opinion

there is no way to do ANYTHING safely during a global pandemic.

There is no safe way to play football even without the specter of a pandemic just due to the nature of football. Adding a contagious respiratory virus into the mix makes it especially precarious.

Since FAMU is leaving the MEAC after this season anyways, I think FAMU has considered going "rogue" and doing whatever the hell it wants to do, especially if it brings in a big paycheck. Why not? What can the MEAC do to us? This is our last year anyway! If we can play some of the state's fbs schools and pickup huge paychecks along the way, well.........
Along with picking up some Coronas along the way.

That is what I am trying to understand.. The AD said schools have been in contact with them, NOT the other way around, but anybody with a computer knows the MEAC is not playing football, so I am not understanding that logic, unless the AD and or Coach was trying to do some back door deals..

FAMU LOGIC!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Yeah cause we’re the only program in the country who considered it...

Every one is entitled to their opinion though. I dig it

So if you see motherfucker jump off the mountain head first and he hasn't made it to the bottom of the cliff are you going to jump as well???

FAMU LOGIC = Jump ask questions later......if there is a later

So if you see motherfucker jump off the mountain head first and he hasn't made it to the bottom of the cliff are you going to jump as well???

We’re not making decisions based on others or forum opinions. We simply aren’t the only ones vetting every option we have. You’re in the camp of don’t play and that’s your prerogative. Everybody isn’t on that wave...and that’s fine too.

We’re not making decisions based on others or forum opinions. We simply aren’t the only ones vetting every option we have. You’re in the camp of don’t play and that’s your prerogative. Everybody isn’t on that wave...and that’s fine too.

Options.....LMAO!!!!!! Y’all in Florida...a hot spot...and y’all trying to have football options!!!! Man y’all need Jesus!!!!

Options.....LMAO!!!!!! Y’all in Florida...a hot spot...and y’all trying to have football options!!!! Man y’all need Jesus!!!!

I love your passion Founder, but be easy. Ease up just a tad.

Back