FAMU Band Camp

t-bonenupe

My cousin attended the FAMU band camp last this past week. My cousin had me rolling. He was part of the drummajor camp. I encouraged him to go. He said there were 47 drummajors at camp and 650 high school students in the band camp. I appreciate FAMU band members and the camp they have. It is a very excellent camp that FAMU has and an excellent recruitment tool. He had me rolling about getting up at 4 a.m. and not going to sleep until 12 a.m. This was good for him. He said really positive things about the camp. He did have me rolling about how FAMU dislike Jackson State and especially the drummajors. He said that is all the drummajors talked about, "this is not Jackson State." My cousin told me about one of the high school drummajors who started marching like JSU drummajors doing the parade. My cousin told me he would never forget the look on the FAMU drummajors at the boy coming down the street like that. My cousin said when they got back to the band room FAMU drummajors told them"marching like JSU drummajors was a slap in their face to them. They had spent all week teaching them and then somebody just going to start marching like JSU drummajors." The guy that did it said, "I paid $400 for this camp I will march like I want too." My cousin had me rolling. He said that is all FAMU drummajors talked about, "we are not Jackson State." My cousin told me that he did not know that Jackson State was that popular across the country. He said that all 47 drummajors wanted to march like Jackson State. Okay, to get to the point, it just goes to show you what style and the drummajors that people.

I can't wait until the FAMU/JSU BOTB it is going to be off the hook.

Maybe someone need to print this thread out and send it to the band.:lmao:

It will be a good weekend. I can't wait.

DUDE, dislike ain't even the word. The majority of FAMU's band has a "tempered respect" (the mildest way I can put it) for the BOOM. There are a few, old and current who like us, but the majority, :shame:

I think people remember the small incident in '01, but I don't think we dislike JSU. Those comments don't come out of animosity. Similar comments get said about other bands. It's really not that serious to us.

At any rate, if it was taken as bashing, then I apologize on behalf on the Hundred. Out camp is not about bashing or brainwashing.

I truly didn't realize that JSU people think we don't like them.

I remember I went down to FAMU's band camp 99-00 it was fun. But they ain't no joke at all when it comes to their particular sections. When I told them I was going to UAPB they was like what, what is dat?? Where is dat?? SH*& I was like i dunno in PIne BLuff Ark. They bout jumped down my throat once I told them were I was going.They don't play though, I think they don't like SWAC bands though to me, well some of them.

B.P.B
F.A 01
W.B.B.O.A.O O.T.S.W.S

I KNOW THEY DONT LIKE US........ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT HAPPENED IN 01' IN TALLAHASSEE(I THINK I SPELLED THAT RIGHT....OH WELL) AFTER IT WAS ALMOST A RIOT AFTER THE GAME

Originally posted by C-Murder
I KNOW THEY DONT LIKE US........ESPECIALLY AFTER WHAT HAPPENED IN 01' IN TALLAHASSEE(I THINK I SPELLED THAT RIGHT....OH WELL) AFTER IT WAS ALMOST A RIOT AFTER THE GAME

Please, don't confuse the sentiments of a few fans with that of the band. That's simply not the case with us.

Imagine if that same logic was applied towards the fans at Mumford. smh

MEMORIES!!

All I remember was the ending run on "Believe in Me" and then the $hit hit the fan.....The crazy part was that FAMU's band was still in the stands :eek2:

Let this be a warning.

I warn you all:

PUTTING SCHOOL SPIRIT ITEMS IN THE FACIAL AREA OF AN OPPOSING BAND MAY RESULT IN FACIAL INJURIES DUE TO ERRANT MOVEMENTS OF TENOR MALLETS

Now you see a dude waving a green 'n urnge shaker.....Now you don't.....:eek2: :eek2:

I don't understand what it is that makes a person think that a percussionist won't hit them with a stick or mallet. We use to tell peeps all the time, "STEP BACK, if you get hit, it's your fault". And I must admit, sometimes it was by accident.

Back