Ex-Enron Executive Found Dead

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
Did anyone hear/read the story about the Enron official found dead of a gun shot wound to the dome?

Aparantly it was J. Clifford Baxter who, allegedly, challenged Enron's questionable finacial practices and resigned. He was vice chairman before resigning.

He is/was one of many Enron executives named as defendants in in a federal lawsuit. Baxter had allegedly made $35M+ off of the sale of his shares of Enron.

Boy, this Enron thing gets more and more dicey by the day don't it?!:eek2:

Now am I really expected to believe that this person wrote a note and killed himself? I don?t think so. Greed makes you do some shady things, suicide is not one of them.

Next you are going to tell me the President busted his face open by choking on a pretzel.

I smell something in the ?Bush?es.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL!

:lmao:

Great point about dude supposedly capping himself!:lmao: uuh,, lets see,,, i got $35M,,,, ARG! just too much money to manage. this sucks. gee I know,, I'll kill myself. :rolleyes: uuuum,, was dude a brotha??

,,,,,,,?? you mean,,,, Bush didn't bump his face on the carpet, orrr uuuh,, theeeee,,, whatever was on the floor there?:p

Now they have a scapegoat....

Regardless of how the man wound up dead, he'll be the scapegoat for all this Enron mess. The other day, he testified at the Hearing, and pleaded the 5th (so he knew something). Then, everybody else that testified after him, blamed him. They called him a 'rouge' accountant. And now that he's graveyard dead, he'll get blamed for everything. And speaking of the money, the gov't would've frozen those assets, so he wouldn't have been able to keep the money anyway.

This just goes to show you that 'white-collar' crime is just as diabolical and horrendous as other crimes....And in this instance, the crime Enron and Arthur Anderson pulled affected more people. The Enron stock went from over $180.00 a share to now $2.81 last week. Now that's enough to go kill somebody!!!! If you had 100 shares, that would be $18,000.00. Now that would be worth $281.00. That's a loss of $17,719.00. :eek2:

Re: Now they have a scapegoat....

Originally posted by Taylor-Made'90
The other day, he testified at the Hearing, and pleaded the 5th (so he knew something). Then, everybody else that testified after him, blamed him. They called him a 'rouge' accountant

The Enron stock went from over $180.00 a share to now $2.81 last week. Now that's enough to go kill somebody!!!! If you had 100 shares, that would be $18,000.00. Now that would be worth $281.00. That's a loss of $17,719.00. :eek2:

Wasn't the auditor that pleaded the 5th from Anderson? Baxter was named as the one who complained loudly about the questionalbe accounting which resulted in him being kicked upstairs prior to resigning. He was one of the executives named in the suit, but had not been supoenaed yet.

Also, much of his stock was in options which he had to sell when leaving the company. I can't say I would not have cut all of my ties with them either given what he knew was going on. I find it hard to comprehend how what was thought of as a solid company went from $82 per share to 49 1/2 cents within a year.

pv-symbiotic,

My sentiments exactly! If that man was going to take his own life, he would have done so, rather than, or at least sooner after his resignation. Here's my take: He had damaging info on li'l Bushy and some others in his administration and their relationship to Enron. Someone put a contract out on him to protect those that are guilty. This smells of murder for hire! Just wait until all of this "seediness" hits the fan. And I thought Marion Barry's being caught with marijuana and a two-bit tramp was some suspensful television. Just wait until the Enron trial hits the airwaves. :(

Where's the conspiracy hacks now???

It will be interesting to see if the conspiracy theories become rampant. If Gore was in office, Rush Limbaugh & company would already have convicted him and his wife of having the stiff killed.:rolleyes:

Back