La ilaj? ila Al
>WORD FOR TODAY with Bob Gass - Friday 26th May 2000
>
>Every day is special.
>
>
>"I tell you, now is the time" 2 CORINTHIANS 6:2
>
>These words by Anne Wells should make all of us sit up and think!

"My brother-in-law opened the bottom drawer of my sister's bureau and lifted out a package. In it was an exquisite silk slip. The price tag was still attached. Jan had bought it the first time she went to New York, about 8 or 9 years ago. She never wore it; she said she was saving it for a special occasion. Well, I guess this is the occasion.

"He put the slip on the bed with the other clothes we were taking - to the funeral home. Suddenly, he slammed the drawer shut,
turned to me and said, 'Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you live is a special occasion!'

"Those words changed my life; I'm not saving anything any more. Now we use our good china and crystal for every special occasion - like losing a pound, getting the sink unstopped or the first camellia blossom. 'Some day' and 'One of these days' are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing, hearing or doing, I want to do it now! I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back or save anything that would add laughter or lustre to our lives. Every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself - today is special."

Makes you think - doesn't it? Makes you want to drain the last ounce of joy out of every day and break free from the concrete of procrastination that whispers, "You can do it later." Wise up; forgive that offence! Tell that person you love them! Take that trip!

Go back to school! Decide now to do the thing you've been putting off, for today is that special day you've been waiting for.

Back