European Films Attack American Way Of Life

THAMES

American way of life attacked in films at Cannes

This "Manderlay" film sounds a lot like any Southern town we grew up in.

By Erik Kirschbaum

CANNES, France (Reuters) - The dark underside of the United States has taken center stage in several films at Cannes this year, capped on Monday with a scathing attack of past and present racism in America by Danish director Lars von Trier.

"Manderlay," about a fictional Alabama plantation where people are living in 1933 as if slavery were never abolished, staggered festival-goers with a disturbing portrayal of America that fails, even today, to come to terms with its racist past.

There are a number of other films that examine dark and depressing aspects of the United States and "American Dream" losers, filled with violence, drugs and alcohol abuse. They were made by directors from the United States, Canada and Europe.

The films, screening at the world's most important festival here, also feed off a lingering anti-American sentiment prevailing in Europe over the Iraq war. Michael Moore won the festival's top award last year for his film "Fahrenheit 9/11."..........

link..........
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20...12_RTRIDST_0_NEWS-ARTS-CANNES-AMERICA-DC.html

And if they show the REAL UNDERSIDE OF THEIR COUNTRIES, they wouldn't have so much to run their mouth's about.

WGAF about Europe.

Maybe France can do a story about the blatant discrimination and bigotry against Muslims and Jews in that FORWARD THINKING COUNTRY ............in 2005 ...................not 1905. :vomit:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY ...............YADA, YADA, YADA to this story. :winkgrin:

Here's another one ...................The U.S. is responsiable for the seasonal temperature changes throughout the world. The earths rotation and distance from the sun has nothing to do with it. :winkgrin:

We all know that America is far from perfect, but it is my home. My problem is that we have people right here in the U.S. who seem to have so much hate for this country, but they benefit from living here.

As far as how foreigners view this country, I can care less.

Killer Bees said:
We all know that America is far from perfect, but it is my home. My problem is that we have people right here in the U.S. who seem to have so much hate for this country, but they benefit from living here.

As far as how foreigners view this country, I can care less.

Maybe they still love the country but they just hate some of the injustices and situations that's going on in this country.

A loving mother will express a whole lot of things that she do not like about her son or daugther that's a drug pusher. She hates what her children are doing but she still loves them just the same.

So maybe that's same way a disgruntled American citizen is doing;expressing some of the conditions that are not congruent with the constitution but yet and still they have a lot of love for America.

Back