Eugene's injury jarring to SWAC

jukebox89

The Southwestern Athletic Conference season changed rapidly with a jarring collision between three players Saturday night in Grambling.
The hit came at the end of a 39-yard burst by Grambling quarterback Bruce Eugene late in the third quarter of a 34-23 loss to Alcorn State.

The big guy had done this so many times before.

If he isn't gunning the ball down the field, he's racing around with surprising speed and athleticism and lowering the boom on defenders.

This time, his 250th career rush, all three players felt the boom near the Grambling sideline. Alcorn linebackers Dwan Wilson and Tavari Hughes got up woozy. Eugene got up and realized the damage.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/090904/spo_joe001.shtml

:tup: Good read. I just hope Bruce is able to get the medical red shirt. I would hate for Bruce to end his collegate career on such a bad note.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I just hope he is able to attend the NFL combine next spring.

He will also have to watch his weight. It's easy to gain weigh when you aren't mobile. He could very easily be 350 lbs. by the spring.

This is sad news, after meeting him in person at the SWAC media day I looked forward to watching him wreck the SWAC this year, except against PVU of course.

Back