Essence Festival in New Orleans

sharpy

Shreveporter in B'ham
Is anyone going to the Essence Festival? My wife finally decided that we are going.

Sharpy,

I will definitely be there all three nights and days. I will probably go to the concerts at the Superdome on Friday and Sunday night and I plan to see Earl Turner at Harrah's on Saturday night.

We usually hang out at the Convention Center during the daytime to check out the motivational speakers, buy food from the vendors, and to try to hussle some FREE T-Shirts that they usually give out. There is usually some celebrities giving out autographs and book signings.

Hope to bump into you like I did at Harrah's during the Bayou Classic.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
JAGWAR,

We plan on spending our days at the convention center also. I think we are going to the first night of the concerts. I will investigate the Earl Turner show. A friend told me it was a really good show. I'm bringing my camera to capture some of the good sights. I'm sure we will run into each other - I'll send you my cell number on your private message.

sharpy

I'll be down in the big city of Independence/Amite/Roseland/Hammond (Strawberry capital of the world) for my mom's family reunion so I'm planning on rolling to the Fest for Friday night only.

Sharpy, where ya'll staying? Hey, call me...I still owe you... :winkgrin:

Ya'll sound like everyone else...just catching Friday and Sunday line-ups. Saturday night line-ups just didn't appeal to me this year. I hate I'm going to miss Sunday night.

sharpy said:
Is anyone going to the Essence Festival?

HELLS YEAH!

The first time I went to Essence was in 2002, and I vowed not to miss another one! Off da chain!

I got tickets to the Friday night show in the Dome, then I'll probably just kick it at the CC and all around the French Quarter (with at least two Grenades) on Saturday.

Will the House of Blues be jumping that weekend?

Does anyone have an update on the schedule for the first night with Prince along with Morris Day and the Time? I keep going to the Essence website and seeing "Special Guests".

LS Syndicate said:
HELLS YEAH!

The first time I went to Essence was in 2002, and I vowed not to miss another one! Off da chain!

I got tickets to the Friday night show in the Dome, then I'll probably just kick it at the CC and all around the French Quarter (with at least two Grenades) on Saturday.

Will the House of Blues be jumping that weekend?

Just got back.............
Anthony Hamilton rocked the joint.............
112 rocked the joint................
Prince..................... :bowdown: .........couldn't ask for more
The FQ was sick (and so was I after them Beignet and Grenades)...........
The House of Blues was jumping...............
And now I wait for 2005................

Prayers go out to Maze featuring Frankie Beverly
percussionist McKinley Williams who had a massive
heart attack during the group's performance on July
4 at the Essence Music Festival. His heart attack
took place shortly after Frankie received his award
from Essence for having performed for the entire
ten years of the festival. At press time,
McKinley was still in intensive care.

Back